I Make A Few Questionable Decisions

I THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE 1,000 VOTES ON THIS STORY!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME IT MAKES ME WANT TO STAY UP LATE TO FINISH THESE CHAPTERS FOR YOU ALL!!! 

Oh, and 69 followers? Okaaaayyyyy ;)

Ally Layne.

---

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

I glared at Gerda, who was wringing her hands in front of me as I prepared to go out for the orc hunt. I was fed up with people not thinking I should go, and a part of me was willing to ride out purely because I wanted to show them what I was capable of.

I'm not so weak that I have to stay behind for some silly orc hunt.

Besides, it's not like I'm going to be the only warrior there. Their lives won't be entirely dependent on me... but at the same time, I'm not about to let anyone die, either.

"Why is everyone trying to convince me this is not a good idea?" I asked aloud, grunting as I shoved some chainmail over my tunic. "Why doesn't this fit?"

Gerda cautiously walked toward me, taking the chainmail from my hands. "Perhaps it is because you are trying to but your head through the armhole, Persie."

I sighed. "That would do it."

She helped me put it on and snapped the clasps in the places I couldn't reach. Gerda wore a solemn expression, which threw me off. It was like she was a wife sending her husband off to war, or something.

Dude, this is just a hunt. It's not like we're going to war or anything.

"I know you do not wish for me to say anything, but I am going to say it anyway," Gerda said, and I looked at her expectantly. "You do know that no one expects you to be this invincible person, right? You do not have to prove anything to us."

I groaned. "Why does everyone keep saying that?"

Gerda blinked. "Well, is that not what you are thinking? That you need to show the others what you are capable of?"

"No."

Yes.

"Then you must be going on this hunt for the right reasons, yes?"

"Why are you assuming I'm not?" I probed, turning to look at my friend curiously after I had been properly dressed for the excursion. "Gerds, this isn't the first hunt I've ever been on, it will all be fine. I have to learn more about the monsters of Arda somehow."

The frown on her face never disappeared. "I will meet you after your hunt. You will be coming back, Persie."

I raised a brow. "I will see you soon, mellon nin."

My use of Sindarin was the first thing that made her smile so far today. "I am counting on it."

We left the room and she led me down to the stables where the others were preparing themselves to leave for the hunt. I gave Gerda a hug before she left, which is something I had a feeling she needed to feel comfortable leaving me in the first place.

I immediately noticed Elrohir and Elrond standing alongside Glorfindel while prepping their horses, even though Geren was trying to help them they kept insisting they would do it themselves.

I snorted when Goldilocks shot the stablehand a look that could melt an iceberg, and Geren quickly got the hint and hurried away to help some of the other soldiers.

I saw that one of the other stablehands was getting Bud ready for the trip, and quickly made my way over there to make sure he was okay. Not the horse, but the poor stablehand. Bud could seriously be a handful.