Chpt. 30

Riley's Pov.

Let the camping begin! haha no. Camping right now is not that fun, I love it and all things outdoors, but when your carrying around an extra 3 pounds of clothes not even for you! because your dad's girlfriends back hurts, and your carrying a huge tent, you know the bigger the better. And a bunch of pots, pans and a mini camping grill, with a cooler filled with sushi, like wtf why bring all that if your going to eat sushi. Ugh some people.... and we where supposed to be ruffing it.

But Hey Anne's here a least, and guess who's carrying all her crap, me well technically pulling it in a wagon because 'her Knees hurt' gosh I gotta fake an injure.

After an hour walk of Mara stopping every 20 seconds we finally get to are camping spot.

"Oh my gosh I love it here!" Anne squeals. She right it's so beautiful with the lake right in front of us, no one around and beautiful trees and just the right cut out for tents and campfires.

"Well girls go pitch your tent over there" Cam points to a spot near the lake "and we will pitch are's next to that"

Me and Anne walk over to the spot. "okay since I had to lug all of your stuff here you pitch the tent" I tell her. "fine" she sighs, yay! didn't think that would work.

"And I'm done" Anne says walking away from the tent, "so how does it look?" she asks "it looks like it'll fall down at 3 am in the morning I say staring at it. It looks all crooked and like a single breath will blow it over "I think Dad needs to help us" I say "I think your right" "CAM!" we yell together. "What!" he yells running over to use. "are you okay what happened" he blurts out. "were fine relax" I say with a laugh. "We just need your help putting up are tent."

"Oh okay let's see" and with that we re-built are tent. I only knocked it down twice and injured Anne twice, while I didn't mean to but I accidentally turned around with a long pole and then hit her foot with the mallet while trying to put the pegs in. oops.

"Okay while girls I just got the fire started so who wants to roast hot dogs!" can yells. "we do" I yell back.

The fire felt so good it wasn't cold outside just cool and the lake and pine trees where so perfect I love it all here, while besides the blonde witch wearing heels? seriously!

"These are so good" Anne mumbles stuffing her face with hotdog "you should try one Mara" she says "um no thanks you have no idea what are in those things" she says with a disgusted look on her faces "suit yourself" Anne says and I stifle a laugh. "do girls what's going on in your twos life?" Can asks

I just think of John, no not right now Riley. "Nothing much" I say "well when I was your age how old are you girls again? 14 oh yes when I was your age I was a cheerleader, and was had the most badges in my Girl Scout troop" she brags "that's lovely" Anne says. I laugh "awe that's so amazing sweetie" dad says "maybe you two girls need to start a sport" he says. "Did you used to do a sport" he asked "maybe" I reply.

"But we could never live up to Mara's standards" Anne says with a sad face "oh darn will never be as good as here" I say me and Anne look at each other and hold up three fingers (girl scout symbol) and burst out laughing.

"Whatever I'm going to bed" Mara scoffs. Well where still laughing are heads of "me to" dad says kissing us goodnight. "don't you two do anything were 20 Ft away!" I yell "use protection if your going to have off road sex!" Anne yells after them and we continue to laugh historically on the ground.

"Okay let's go to bed" Anne says "no stay it's nice out here, pulse we can roast some marshmallows!" I say "okay"

As we sat there I realized that I really didn't know a lot about Anne's past. "So did you do any sports?" I ask her. "ya I did before you know I got sent to the orphanage" she sighs "what happened?" I ask

"well um it's along story" she says " Anne it's okay where alone I'll tell you what happened to my family if you want to." "okay" she says

"Well you know it was just a regular day I had a pretty amazing life perfect friends family and I was even really into horseback I used to show in jumpers any ways when some police cars showed up one day I was just on my trampoline with my brother, the police told me to pack a bag while they arrested my parents. My mom just told me to remember how much she loves me and my dad just looked sad he didn't even say bye. while they took me to the orphanage my room was already set up like they knew I was coming maybe my parents knew it would all happen and set it up, I don't know but anyways my brother was shipped of to an all boys orphanage in New York, I don't know why they did that but it broke my heart. One day I want to get my whole family back together that used to be my dream" I finish with a sigh "you dream came true you did bring a family back maybe not your old one but a new one" Anne says.

"So I guess I'll tell you my story" Anne starts "my dad left when I was younger and my mom was a waitress, she never really bothered to see me or spend time with me, always out. That's when my dad came home one day he never sent me anything no phone call present letter. anyways he came and beat me, I don't know why he was just drunk. We lived in a small apartment and my neighbors heard me scream, they took my father to jail and took me away from my mother and into an orphanage, so ya but before all that I used to play hockey with all the boys, I was actually pretty good." she finishes.

"I'm so sorry Anne" I say "it's okay I'm fine just a little tired of everyone always taking pity on me."

I just hug her " I love you sis" I say "I love you to" she says. It was probably the perfect scene is leaning in a log toasting marshmallows with the lake and the moon.

Although this isn't the life I would of ever living 5 years ago it's the life I live now and I'm loving it.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A/N

Hey👋

So sorry again I haven't updated, school 😩

I hope you liked this chapter I'm supposed to be studying for an biology exam tomorrow....but I get a little side distracted.

I just wanted to thank you guys for 5.98k it's so amazing!

Okay I love y'all💋

Bye👋👋