t e n

classes had ended an hour ago, only a few teachers loitered the halls, hoping that they could go home. jaebum was just glad that the teacher holding the detention told him to leave early because he 'couldn't be bothered to stay longer than needed.' jaebum had no problem with that. as he walked down the corridor he thought about what he'd do at home since both his parents weren't going to be there, again. the sound of y/n's laugh mixed with someone else's broke his thoughts. jaebum was by the dance studio and he wondered why she was still there, then he remembered that her and yugyeom were supposed to rehearse. but yugyeom left school with bambam straight at three.

just as soon as jaebum was about to go into the dance studio the school had, shownu walked out with flushed cheeks. the sight of him being flustered over y/n made jaebum grit his teeth. shownu was a problem for him and he had to get rid of it if he wanted to succeed in his bet.

"hey shownu," jaebum put on a fake smile as he clasped his hand on his shoulder, "y/n in there?"

"uh yeah, why?" shownu coughed awkwardly. he'd never spoken to jaebum before and the hickeys on his neck made him feel uncomfortable.

"need to take my girl home, you know?"

"oh, you two are...?"

"we're what?" jaebum had to conceal the smirk on his face. what an idiot.

"y/n never mentioned talking to you," shownu confessed, looking down at jaebum, the sadness was clear on his face even if he tried to steel the emotion off his face.

"she doesn't want people to know so i'd really appreciate if you kept this between us," walking into the room filled with the same song on repeat, jaebum left shownu by himself and finally let himself smirk. what a smart bastard i am!

jaebum saw y/n wave at him through the mirror as she was sat down in front of it, fixing her hair.

"i'm guessing you had fun last night," y/n said with a giggle, pointing at the badly hidden marks on his neck when he sat down next to her.

automatically, jaebum covered the hickeys with his hand, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. "shut up."

"was she a vampire by any chance? because those look really bad." another giggle left from y/n, it was rare that she was ever able to tease jaebum. "you can also die from a hickey."

"what do you know? y-you're a virgin!" he exclaimed quickly. jaebum wondered why he felt so embarrassed, normally he'd be full of pride but now he just wanted y/n to stop.

y/n offered to help cover them up for him with some extra makeup she had in her dance bag. being in a close proximity to jaebum, y/n couldn't help but wonder who marked him, maybe she'd ask yugyeom if she remembered to.

jaebum stared down at y/n. he studied her features carefully. she really was pretty.

"can i ask you something?" jaebum said in a soft tone.

when y/n looked up at him, both of their eyes locked onto each other. suddenly, jaebum's body acted on instinct and began to lean down. however y/n was quick to catch on and pushed him away.

"too close im jaebum, too close."