three

after texting yugyeom, jaebum began to make his way to y/n's work place. he was a bit shocked that she was working as a personal assistant, he always believed that she was going to become a world renowned dancer but not all dreams come true.

the building left a good impression of the company on jaebum. its previous headquarters had been in paris for the past few years, which jaebum knew about, and only recently did they move back to korea. he also knew that min yoongi wasn't someone he liked, hence why he never had the desire to work with him.

at the front desk, the receptionist instantly recognised jaebum, as did everyone else who was on the ground floor. it was hard to miss such a young, handsome man.

"i have something that belongs y/n l/n," he said to the receptionist politely whilst holding up y/n's phone, noticing how she spaced out as soon as he began speaking.

before the dazed woman could say anything, jimin quickly interrupted, "is that y/n's phone?" he had spotted jaebum on his way down to collect some files he needed to double check.

"she left it back at the coffee shop on the table, i was hoping to give it back to her." jaebum recognised jimin as the man that was holding all the drinks of coffee from the shop earlier.

"she's upstairs right now, just follow me and i'll take you to her." jimin said politely before gesturing to the older man to follow him.

the atmosphere became awkward between them instantly, especially since jimin was trying his best to mask his nervousness from the cold aura jaebum held, if he made one wrong move, he would end up offending one of the biggest businessmen of the country. jimin had already made that mistake back in paris, if it wasn't for y/n, he wouldn't have the job that he currently did.

just like jimin did, everyone that walked past jaebum instantly recognised him and became nervous themselves. it wasn't everyday that you'd get to see a man that held such power.

when they got to top floor, jimin left jaebum alone in what he assumed was y/n's office. it wasn't small but it wasn't big either. why would a person assistant need an office? there was a door that led to another room, which was yoongi's office. jaebum opted to just stand idly and look around to try and find anything about y/n. from what yugyeom had told him, she was single, her last relationship had been four years ago with the same man that was jake's father, he was also aware of the lack of a father figure jake had in his life.

but then the image of the black haired man, holding jake in his arms flashed into his mind. jaebum remembered the way yoongi looked at y/n back at the airport. he used look at her the same way-

jaebum's daydream ended quickly when the door opened to reveal y/n stood there, shocked that jaebum was at her workplace.

y/n wasn't sure what to say to him, she was too confused about how he knew where she worked. from the expression on her face, jaebum thought it was best if he said something first.

"i came to give you your phone," he said after clearing his throat and handing the mobile device to y/n.

"i didn't even realise that i left it," y/n was more thankful than she was confused, she closed the door behind her as she went to go put the files that she had in her hands away onto her desk. "thank you jaebum."

the soft smile on her face that was directed towards jaebum, made him feel odd, a feeling he hadn't experienced in a long time. jaebum could feel the smallest bits of his cheeks blushing with colour.

"can i ask you a question?" jaebum said, his mind suddenly switched off and went onto autopilot mode when y/n made eye contact and nodded at him. "i would like to have dinner. with you."