four

the clock had already hit eight o'clock. jaebum had gotten to the restaurant, his favourite one, a little early just in case and because mark told him to. he had been sat at the table he had reserved for him and y/n, somewhere towards the back of the restaurant, where it was more secluded than any of the other areas for dining. he began to worry once it was quarter past, his leg was bouncing underneath the table as his index finger tapped to an unknown rhythm he had created in his head to keep himself from worrying too much.

a waiter approached the table whilst a woman followed closely behind. jaebum's gaze shifted from the ice in his alcoholic drink to the y/h/c haired woman who sat before him.

"i'm so sorry for being so late, jake wouldn't let me leave him alone with my sister."

jaebum suddenly felt nervous when y/n smiled at him as she apologised. he remembered her smile vividly, it was the one thing he wished to see for the past ten years. her smile got him through physical therapy and every other hard time he had to go through. his lack of a response and dazed gaze worried y/n.

"hey jaebum, you okay?" y/n asked hoping that he didn't want to leave since she had gotten there or had regretted asking her to come.

"just thirsty," he replied way too quickly whilst reaching out for his drink, which he finished within seconds. mentally, jaebum beat himself up for being so nervous. i'm not a fifth teen year old, i need to get my shit together, i look so uncool. "h-how are you?"

they both began to start a conversation about their work life since it was something jaebum wanted to know about. he wanted to know why y/n didn't become a dancer like she was supposed to be but instead works for an asshole, who was unnecessarily poking his nose into jaebum's underworld business.

whilst y/n was explaining a story of when yugyeom had come to visit her in paris, jaebum's phone had been going off consistently. jaebum had no desire to even look at his phone, he was too invested in whatever y/n was saying to actually acknowledge the vibrations coming from his pocket. he was hooked onto every last word that she uttered.

"jaebum."

"yeah?"

"you're phone has been going off for the past five minutes," she told him with a chuckle.

jaebum furrowed his eyebrows. he hoped that it wasn't anything important.

and it wasn't important at all.

kang sujin
daddy i miss you😘😘😘

jaebum let out a groan. of course she messages me now at all times.

jaebum🤤
don't fucking message me again

kang sujin
what the fuck jae?

to make sure he wouldn't get interrupted again, jaebum put his phone back into his pocket once it was on do not disturb, even though the both of them had finished their meal ages ago.

"sorry, it was something to do with work," jaebum lied, part of him felt guilty for lying but he wasn't going to expose himself. "hey, do you want me to drive you home?"

"it's okay, my apartment isn't very far, i can walk by myself." y/n saw that it was late from the time on her phone. she also saw that her sister had sent her a message saying that jake had gone to sleep. that was once less problem she had to face when she got home.

"i'll come with you so i know you got home safe."

it was dark but the moon and the stars made the sky look like a painting of some sort. there was a chill in the air as it had been getting colder. y/n hugged the coat she was wearing around her tighter in hopes of extra warmth.

"can i ask you a question?" jaebum asked, he still hadn't gotten an answer to see why y/n didn't have a job to do with something she loved. "why aren't you a dancer? i mean, it was your dream, right?"

"when i had jake and i first looked at him, it was weird, because all i wanted to do was protect him, i was willing to give up doing what i love to make room in my heart for him, jake's my dream now."

whilst y/n was speaking softly, jaebum noticed the look in her eyes, maybe it was the moonlight in her eyes.

she was still beautiful.

y/n shivered again. she felt like she said too much about jake, especially to someone she didn't know. but you do know jaebum. "it's cold, don't you think?"

thinking back to what mark had told him, it seemed appropriate to give y/n the scarf he had on. jaebum held her wrist to stop walking and made y/n face him.

"keep this on, it'll keep you warm," he said as he wrapped around the designer material around y/n's neck loosely. it made him feel smug when y/n looked up at him with a dazed and confused face. she looked cute.

y/n was left wondering what had just happened to he. her mind couldn't process jaebum's actions, why on earth would he do that? it had her blushing. nope, it's just the cold. she tried to convince herself.

it wasn't long till she was outside her apartment building. y/n was secretly happy that jaebum walked her home because she got to spend more time with him.

"tell jacob i said 'goodnight,'" jaebum said as they stood outside the building.

"i will," y/n smiled at the fact that jaebum had mentioned her son. "her home safely, okay?"

"i will."

"goodnight jaebum."

"goodnight y/n."

y/n l/n
jake was asleep when i got home but...

y/n l/n

y/n l/n he says good morning

y/n l/n
he says good morning

im jaebum
he's so cute

im jaebum
he definitely got his looks from
you

im jaebum
you're cute

y/n l/n
are you flirting with me?

im jaebum
is it working?

y/n l/n
maybe