vol. 2 - prologue

ten years later

jaebum had stepped off of his flight, being delayed by the long line of customs he had to go through. he hated airports. they were unnecessarily crowded during the day and he didn't enjoy the company of people anyway. he preferred traveling alone, unless his friends were there.

when jaebum looked around, he realised he had lost yugyeom in the sea of people that had come off of their flight. it shouldn't be hard to spot him anyway, jaebum thought to himself about the man that was taller than him.

just when jaebum got his phone out to text yugyeom, he felt something latch onto his leg.

a little boy giggled as he looked up at him, grabbing onto the material of his slacks. the boy didn't look very old, maybe three or four years old. he looked oddly familiar to jaebum but he didn't know from where since he had never seen him before. however the colour of the child's eye and the little sparkle in them triggered a memory in him.

"oh hello," jaebum said softly whilst crouching down to the child's height, "are you lost?"

the little boy just giggled some more before hiding behind jaebum's figure, the sound making jaebum smile softly at him. he's cute.

"jake?"

that voice.

"jake, where are you?"

jaebum knew who that voice belonged to. he could pinpoint who's it was in an ocean of shouts.

"oh there you are!" a woman quickly made her way over, the sounds of her steps light amongst the other sounds of the airport. jaebum watched the little boy try to hide himself again but he was then scooped up into the arms of his mother.

jake wrapped his arms around his mum's neck. "mommy!" he said with the biggest smile that jaebum had ever seen on a child's face.

jaebum stood up with a chuckle, jake's behaviour reminded him of yugyeom's childish antics. before jaebum could make a comment about jake hiding from his mum, he looked at the face of the woman holding the child and it felt as if the world had slowed down just for him to drink in all her flawless features.

"y/n..."

y/n turned to look up at jaebum. just before she could greet him, another man walked over.

"the bags are in the car," the black haired man said. jaebum presumed that he was y/n's partner from the way he looked at her, a soft look in his eyes.

jake began making grabby hands at the man, who just gave him a gummy smile before taking him out of y/n's arms and into his own. "come on little man, let's get you home."

y/n watched as yoongi walked away slowly. she gave jaebum another warm smile. "you look good jaebum," she spoke, "it was really good to see you."

"yeah, you too." the words came out in a cold tone, that jaebum normally spoke in. y/n gave him another goodbye before walking off again. for once jaebum felt at ease about y/n.

she's doing good. she's got a family and she's happy. it's the least she deserves.

a/n
pranked you all (hopefully)