eighteen

it had been raining heavily for the whole day. somehow, the rain added to the nervousness that was settled in y/n's stomach. she felt as if something bad was going to happen, y/n let her thoughts consume her for the car journey to the airport. the buzzing of her phone in her lap released her from her daze.

"pretend it's jacob on the phone." y/n was confused at the request, which sounded more like a demand, from her boyfriend.

knowing the man on the other side of the phone, y/n decided to go along with the request. "hi jake, you okay?" in the corner of her eye, y/n spotted how yoongi stopped playing with his phone and began paying more attention to her.

"i'm coming to the airport, yoongi is trying to kidnap you." the seriousness in jaebum's voice sent a chill down y/n's spine. immediately, her heart stopped beating and her blood ran cold.

"awe, it sounds like you're having fun with yugyeom!" she said trying her best not to have a shaky voice, which was proving to be difficult.

"he was the one who tried to kill jacob, he brought christian back too." her suspicions were confirmed. she was right. the information began to produce tears to well in y/n's eyes.

"that sounds like fun."

"me and mark are coming as fast as we can, don't do anything until i get there. i need you to stay safe."

by her side, yoongi tapped her thigh, gaining her attention. "i have to go now, i love you." y/n had wished to utter the words to jaebum in a different scenario, where he knew that she wasn't saying the words out of fear of never seeing him again.

"just hang tight for me, baby." as if on cue, once the phone call ended yoongi began to elaborate about the details of the japanese branch of his company. all of his words went through one ear and out the other. in her mind, y/n was thinking back to every misfortunate situation she had been in since she moved to korea. and they all lead back to yoongi.

it was like she finally opened her eyes and saw the devil that hid behind his angelic demeanour.

"stop the car." y/n spoke quietly, tears trailing down her face, ruining her painted cheeks.

"what-"

"I SAID STOP THE DAMN CAR!" she screamed suddenly in a moment of rage, causing the car to stop to a halt surprising both yoongi and the driver. despite having a clouded mind, y/n decided not to listen to jaebum. she clambered out of the car and into the rain.

"y/n, what's wrong?" yoongi asked, following her and getting out of the car as well. y/n took a long look at yoongi's face. all the memories of that they shared flooding into mind.

it didn't make sense.

the rain was pounding against the concrete. it drenched the two of them within seconds.

"i know," she said loud enough for yoongi to hear, "i know everything." her words caused an impact on the facade yoongi was bearing, y/n watched as it washed away with the rain and showed his true colours.

"get back in the car, or i will hurt you." yoongi began to walk around the car to get closer to y/n. the fear in her eyes formed him to smirk, it boosted his ego.

for every step he took closer, y/n walked away, needing a distance away from the human who caused her to feel disgust that she had even been by his side that long.

"y/n, get back in the car! NOW!" yoongi growled as he still continued to approach her.

y/n shook her head. she was stood in the middle of the road, without a single thought in her mind.