t h i r t y

somewhere in another continent in the world, in a tall, large office building. a man stood before the glass windows that looked down upon the bustling city below.

"mr. im, i have retrieved the text conversations from jaebum's phone, the ones you specifically asked for." a young man said after he bowed down to his boss and placed a file on the black desk, that was kept neat and tidy.

the man turned around with a smirk on his face. "you know what to do, send them to her," he said in a sharp voice as he took a seat at the desk. mr. im, jaebum's father, looked at the photos he had received from the private investigator he had hired to follow y/n. he admitted that she was pretty.

but she was a distraction.

so with the power mr. im held in his palms, he decided to eliminate the chances of his son defying him. even if it would cost him his own son's happiness, which he didn't care for anyway.

"get me the earliest flight tomorrow to seoul, i want to pay my son a visit."

y/n had just finished teaching a younger class at her dance school since the normal dance teacher had fallen ill. she smiled and waved at all the kids as they were being collected by their parents. until the very last child had left, y/n could finally relaxed and let out a big sigh. ever since she decided she didn't want to go to her dream university y/n felt like a weight had been dragging her down. no one knew what she planned to do. and it was better that way.

retrieving her phone with her water bottle, y/n checked her messages to see if her mum had come home from work yet. however, an unknown number had messaged her.

that's weird.

unknown
*image 1.PNG*

unknown
*image 2.PNG*

unknown
*image 3.PNG*

unknown
sorry sweetheart but you were
just a bet

her heartbeat quickened as she read each text on the picture sent to her of jaebum's groupchat with the boys. y/n couldn't process what she was seeing. she kept telling herself that it wasn't jaebum's phone, that it was someone else playing a prank on her. but y/n knew that it was no use lying to herself.

of course he didn't care for her. why would he care about her?

it all made sense to her. why jaebum first approached her, why yugyeom gave her number to him, even why shownu started to avoid her. it all clicked in y/n's mind.

her legs gave way under her. maybe from the ache they were feeling from dancing for hours straight or maybe because she couldn't hold herself up anymore. she didn't know at that moment. y/n was sat on that floor, face filled with tears, knees pressed up against her chest, rocking back and forth, for god knows how long before she got up and began walking home in the dark.

it was a little late when she reached home but it was friday and miyoung was at a friend's house whilst her mum was taking the night shift at the hospital. y/n didn't bother with dinner so she went straight to her bedroom and climbed into her bed, wrapping herself in her duvet for a sense of comfort. she stared aimlessly at the ceiling above her before she turned onto her side. the picture on her nightstand made her heartache even more. it was a picture of her, jaebum and miyoung from her last dance show. jaebum held miyoung in one arm whilst the other was wrapped around y/n.

"was it all fake, im jaebum?" she asked herself aloud before returning the picture in its rightful place on the nightstand but facing downwards.

this was why she never wanted to get her hopes up in the first place.

a/n
sorry it's a little short