The Sounds

Lydia's day was over soon enough. She went to her locker by herself, and put in the lock combination. Just as she was getting her bag from her locker, she felt a small tap on her shoulder. It startled her, and she spun around intensely. To her relief it was only Stiles.

"Sorry, Lydia. Jumpy today?" Stiles asked with a smirk. He moved to the side of her locker, and Lydia's head followed him.

She grimaced at him quickly, and her glare turned into a small smirk. "You just surprised me is all. So, what's up? I was just about to head home."

Lydia turned and faced her locker once more. She gathered her things, and took her brown leather bag out. She slammed her locker, and put the lock back on. She turned around, and faced Stiles.

"I need your help." Stiles told her.

"Oh? What for? Why don't you have Scott help you or something?" Lydia asked starting to walk to the front of the school. Stiles quickly followed her behind.

"Well, normally I would. But, you're a girl. And, I'm pretty sure Kira just wants to hang with Scott. They can never get a real date." Stiles said going through the double doors with Lydia.

"And, why do you need a girl? Why don't you just ask Malia?" Lydia said with a smirk. She hoped she didn't sound rude, or jealous.

Stiles took in a deep breath. "Well, you see, Malia has been kinda down lately. And I thinks it's because she really does have no family. Peter's locked up in a mental hospital, so she can't find her real mom, and well, we know the rest." Stiles said following Lydia out to her car.

"What does that have to do with me being a girl?" Lydia asked rummaging through her purse. She finally found her keys and was just about to unlock the car.

"Well, you're smart right, Lydia?" Stiles asked. Lydia looked at stiles with the must dumbfounded face.

"What kind of question is that? Yes, of course I'm smart." Lydia said rolling her eyes. She didn't unlock her, she just stared at Stiles.

"Well, than you know what girls like. Like, what would cheer Malia up?" Stiles asked concerned.

"What?! You're asking me this question?! You're her boyfriend! You figure it out!" Lydia yelled silently, unlocking her car. She didn't have time for Stiles's sob stories as sad as they were. She went to the driver's side, and was about to open the door.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Lydia, please? What would she like? I literally have no freaking clue! C'mon, Lydia. Please?" Stiles begged as he ran over to her. He looked at Lydia sincerely in the eyes.

She could see the emotion in his face. It was sad, and worried. "You really care, huh?"

"Yes, I do. A lot actually." Stiles said.

Lydia sighed in defeat. She couldn't say no. Not to a face like Stiles's. "Fine. Maybe Malia would like...hmm, chocolate? Girls like that."

"I don't think Malia is that kind of girl. Something kinda simple." Stiles said in a thinking kind of voice.

"Teddy bears? You mentioned once she liked to cuddle." Lydia asked looking at Stiles.

Stiles's face turned to a confused look. "What? I never told you that. Who told you?"

Lydia looked at Stiles. "That's not the point. Teddy bears? Would she like that?"

Stiles stood there for a minute processing the idea. "No, I don't think so. I think she would just tear it up. It might remind her about her past."

"Okay." Lydia responded. She stood there with Stiles trying to think of something. Then, all of the sudden, something clicked in her mind. "Stiles, Malia was living in the woods for like 6 years, right?"