Watching In and Out

Karma had disappeared into the forest brush, and her blunt orange coat surprisingly blended in perfectly. Lydia lost her in seconds.

As Lydia walked all the way back to her car, a strange thought occurred in her head. She was getting to know more about Karma than she was getting to know Stiles. Sure she had known Stiles for half of her life, but she had only known him as a friend. Lydia wanted to get to know Stiles has a romantic partner.

Lydia reached into her purse that she had been carrying, and pulled out her keys. She unlocked her car and got in. She started her car, and began to drive to school.

Lydia reached her school in around 10-15 minutes. Her lunch had just started, so she slipped through the crowd of high schoolers, and went to her lunch table.

"Hey, Lydia. Where have you been? Were you sick?" Kira asked as Lydia sat down next to her.

Lydia cracked a smile. More like love sick, Lydia thought. She had been wrapped up in the thought of Stiles.

"You could say that." Lydia told Kira with a smile. She looked around her table, and only saw Kira, Scott, and a few other random people.

"Where are Malia, and Stiles?" She asked looking at her two friends.

Scott gulped down some of his salad, and turned to Lydia. "Don't know," He said to Lydia with his mouth full. "I think they're out somewhere."

Lydia only nodded on the outside, but on the inside she was freaking out. Was Stiles even with Malia? And even so, was he breaking up with her? Even though Malia was kind of rude, Lydia still thought of her as a good friend.And Lydia couldn't blame Malia for being rude. Malia had spent most of her life out in the woods all by herself. It had to be a big change for her coming back.

"I have to tell you two something, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Not Liam, not Malia, not your parents, no one." Lydia said in a serious tone. She looked at both of them with a tilt of her head.

Kira and Scott both nodded their heads. Scott finally swallowed his salad down, and Kira just looked at Lydia.

"You remember The Joker?" Lydia asked.

Scott nodded. "Yeah, and we think it's that new girl."

"Yeah, well It's not her. The energy you were smelling, Scott, was Kira on her period." Lydia said gazing Kira. Kira's eyes were glazed with embarrassment. "Sorry, Kira."

Kira shook her head. "It's okay," She said in that nervous tone. "It's just life."

Lydia smiled, and looked back at Scott. "But, yes, as I was saying, it's not the new girl. It can't be."

"How do you figure?" Scott asked.

"A friend told me." Lydia shrugged.

"And who is this friend?" Kira asked.

Lydia released a deep breath. "Okay, you guys are going to think I'm crazy, but do you also remember that fox?"

Kira looked at Lydia dead in the eye. "No...way..."

Lydia nodded shyly. "Her name is Karma, and since I'm a banshee, she's somehow able to chat with me in my mind, if that makes sense. She kind of telepathic."

"Is she a Kitsunè?!" Kira asked clinging on to Lydia arm.

"She said sort of. I have no idea what she meant. She said I would learn all the answers soon." Lydia said gently pushing Kira off her arm.

"How do you know if you can trust her?" Scott asked.

Lydia shrugged. "I don't know. I feel a strong tether to her for some odd reason. She said she got the same feeling when she found me."

"Did you find out why she was circling you and Stiles?" Kira asked.

Lydia once again nodded. "Karma told me she was trying to scare me off."

"From what?" Scott quickly asked.

"Karma said the real Joker. She told me the Joker wasn't her, and it wasn't the new girl. She said it was an even bigger threat." Lydia said.

"Like?..." Kira trailed off.

Lydia shrugged. "She won't tell me. She said if I want to solve this on my own, I'll figure it out on my own."

"Tough love." Scott said.

"Not really. She's really nice actually. She's really sly, though. I can lose her in a heartbeat." Lydia said.

"I really want to find out if she's a Kitsunè." Kira said.

"We will soon." Lydia said with a reassuring smile.

"You hungry, Lydia?" Scott asked.

Lydia shook her head. She actually felt quite sick. She had just found out that her best friend might me alive. How was she suppose to feel? Happy? Sad? What?

She didn't want to tell Kira, and certainly not Scott. Scott, and Kira could possibly be dating. If Scott found out that Alison is alive, it could ruin their relationship.

She wasn't going to risk her friends happiness.

"I'm good." Lydia simply said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day flew by quickly, and Lydia was driving home. She hadn't seen Stiles or Malia. She was getting a little worried. Were they avoiding her? Did Stiles break up with her? Was Malia mad at her if he did?

Lydia pushed all these thoughts to the back of her mind. She pulled into her drive way, and got out of her car. She gathered her things from the back seat, and was walking to her door. Lydia unlocked the door, and as soon as she opened it, a note hit her face.

It slowly fell to the ground. Lydia bent over, and picked it up. It was a written note. The hand writing was the same writing from Derek's loft on the window.

It read:

Hello, Lydia. I see you found out from your little friend, Karma, that I'm The Joker. That's right, I know. I know everything that you two have been doing, and I'm not happy about it. But, don't worry, like Karma said, my plan isn't in full action. I'm still a bit lost around here in Beacon Hills, and need to know my surroundings. You can't win a war if you don't know your battlefield. Farewell, Lydia, and remember, I'm watching you in and out.

~I