Defining the Relationship and the Fox

Lydia smiled to herself as she laid in her bed. She was thinking of Stiles. Big surprise, but she couldn't help thought. Ever since yesterday she couldn't help but smile.

Stiles had told her that he loved her, and she had said it back. She had finally confessed her feeling to not only Stiles, but to herself as well. All these years she had no idea who she would end up with. Jackson, or maybe Aiden, or possibly even Scott. But as the pickings got slimmer, so did Lydia's thought. She ended with Jackson, and Aiden only seemed like a distraction, Scott wasn't her type, and that left one person. Stiles.

Stiles had followed her through everything they had gone through. Deaths, separation, hate, and other horrible things. Stiles had been there. Not Jackson, or Aiden. Stiles.

And she had finally noticed that. She hadn't fallen in love with Stiles just because he was there, she fell in love with him because he cared about her. In Lydia's eyes, he was everything to her. And the reason why Stiles fell in love with Lydia was uncertain to her.

She had been so mean to Stiles, and she had ignored him, yet he still followed her. Stiles had given her his devoted attention for so long without giving up. And finally, Lydia's eyes opened up. She found the perfect guy. The apple in her eyes. The prince to the heart. The love she had been waiting for.

It was Stiles, and only Stiles from here on out.

Lydia was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the door creak open. Lydia looked over.It was her mom.

"Honey, it's almost time to go to school. You gotta get ready." Her mom said elegantly coming over tot he side of Lydia's bed.

"I'm not feeling to well, can I just stay home today?" Lydia asked sitting up.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Her mother asked in a concerned tone.

"I'll be fine, my stomach just hurts." Lydia told her mother. Her stomach didn't really hurt, she just needed an excuse to call Stiles.

Ms.Martin nodded. "Okay, just for today. I'm leaving for work right now, I'll be home at 8:00."

Lydia looked confused. "8:00? Why so late?"

"I have a meeting after school about the lake house." Ms.Martin told her daughter. "Get some rest. I love you."

Her mother left the room, and about a minute later she heard her front door close. She looked to her nightstand, and grabbed her phone. It had one miss call from Stiles.

She smiled to herself, and quickly called Stiles back.

Stiles: Hello?

Lydia: Hey Stiles. It's me Lydia.

Lydia heard him chuckle.

Stiles: I know, I have caller I.D.

Lydia: Can you come over?

Stiles: What about school?

Lydia: Tell your dad you're sick or something, and wait until he leaved work. You can miss two days of school.

Stiles: Sounds like a plan. I'll be over in 30 minutes.

Lydia: Okay.

Stiles: I love you.

Lydia smiled to herself, and pursed her lips together.

Lydia: I love you, too.

They both hung up, and Lydia silently squealed to herself.