Chapter 3

The past month had been hard, but you were finally feeling yourself. You deleted Nick from your contact list and unfollowed him on social media. He had made it official with the blonde bimbo he cheated on you with and all you did was laugh. You were currently getting ready for SmackDown. You put on a pair of black high waisted jeans and a white long sleeve blouse tucked in with a pair of dark red heels and let your hair air dry. You were finishing up your smoky eye when you got a phone call from Joe (Roman Reigns).

Y: Hey! What's up?
J: It's Colby.. You gotta get to his room. Something's happened and we need to be there when he finds out
Y: What happened?
J: Meet me in the hallway ASAP

You hung up and grabbed your purse and phone and black leather jacket and headed outside after applying mascara. You walked around the corner and saw Joe standing outside Colby's door. "What's going on?". He pulled his phone out and showed you a tweet. Colby's fiancé had posted not one, but TWO naked pictures of him on Twitter. Your mouth dropped open and you looked at Joe. "Are you kidding me?" "No! She posted that 2 minutes before I called you. We gotta tell him". You knocked on his hotel room door and he answered a few seconds later in nothing but a towel and wet hair. "Hey, guys.. Come in. Let me get dressed". He grabbed his clothes and walked into the bathroom to change and Joe opened the tweet and locked his phone.

"Sorry, guys. I didn't know you were coming. What's up?". You looked at Joe and he nodded; telling you to tell him. "Colby... Layla.. Layla posted.." "Layla posted your dick pics on Twitter 5 minutes ago" "Way to blurt it out, Joe" "She did what!?". Colby put his shirt on as Joe unlocked his phone and showed it to him. Colby's face went blood red with embarrassment and anger. He picked up his phone and called Layla. She didn't answer. Joe went to say something and Colby stopped him. "This is gonna ruin my goddamn career". He sat down and put his face in his hands and you sat down beside him and rubbed his back sympathetically. "I'll go call Stephanie". Joe stepped outside and Colby looked at you with tears in his eyes. "We broke up the other day. She swore up and down that I was cheating, but I wasn't. I'm not. We had a huge fight and I was gonna talk to you and the guys about it, but you were dealing with Nick and -" "Colby, don't apologize. It's okay. She had no right to do this. Those were PRIVATE photos that she posted" *Colby wiped his face and put his head back in his hands* "I just don't understand.. I mean I know she thought me and you had a thing going on behind her back, but why in the Hell did she do this?" "I don't know, Colby... I also don't know why she thought we had a thing going on. You've clearly never thought of me that wa-" "Of course I did. I wanted to end it with her when I first met you, but you were into Bobby... I kind of pushed those feelings aside and asked her to move in. I DID like you, Jess". You looked at him in complete shock.

Before you could respond, Joe came back in. "Steph wants you at the arena. NOW. She's PISSED". Colby nodded and grabbed his things and the 3 of you made your way to the arena. Once you were there, Colby made his way to Stephanie's office. "Welp, it was nice working with you guys". You gave him a reassuring smile and he walked down the hall to the offices and you and Joe paced back and forth outside the door. "Joe.. Can I ask you something?" "Anything" "Did you know? That Colby liked me when we were down at NXT?". Joe chuckled and wrapped his right arm around you. "Of course I knew. I think you were the only one that didn't" "Why didn't he say anything?" "You were into Bobby. He was all you talked about. It crushed him. Jon and I didn't think you liked him back so we pushed him to stay with Layla. Why do you ask?" "He told me... At his hotel room..." "Damn..". 

About that time Colby came out of Stephanie's office and looked at you and Joe and headed towards the locker rooms. You and Joe followed and stopped outside the locker room door. "I think you should go in. He won't want me in there". You nodded and Joe walked off. You knocked on the door and walked in. Colby was the only one in there. "Hey, How'd it -" "I have to write a public apology for all of my social media accounts and I'm suspended for 3 weeks". You sat down beside him and wrapped your arms around his neck and he hugged you back; crying into your shoulder. "At least you didn't get fired.. Let's just be grateful for that" "I can't believe this even happened. I didn't even WANT to send those. It's what she was into and I figured it'd get her off my back about me and you.." "It'll be okay. I promise. This'll all blow over". 

Colby leaned back and looked at you; tears in his eyes. He wrapped his arms around you and you wrapped your arms around his waist. "Feel any better?" "A little.. Thanks for being here for me, Jess. It means a lot" "You're Welcome". He pulled back with his face just inches away from yours. He looked at your lips and back up to your eyes, looking like he was gonna kiss you. Then Joe came in and you backed up. "Hey, guys. RAW's about 2 hours from starting". You got up and hugged Colby one last time and headed out to the makeup station and told Nikki about what just happened as you did her makeup. "Girl, he wants you. Bad. Maybe you could start off as friends with benefits". The two of you laugh and continue to talk and joke around as you finished her makeup.

After RAW was over, you and the guys headed back to the hotel and Colby walked you to your hotel room. "Jess, I really appreciate you being here for me. It truly means a lot" "Don't worry about it... It's what I'm here for" "Can I come in so we can talk?". You nodded your head yes and he followed you into your room and the two of you sat down on the couch. You turned to look at him and tucked your feet under you and he sat down facing you.

"I'm sorry about earlier.. I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to tell you about the way I feel about you.. I definitely didn't want it to happen like that" "Oh.. Colby, it's fine, you don't feel that way anymore.. It's okay" "No, you don't get it.. I said 'I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to tell you how I feel'. I STILL feel that way...". You watched him as he huffed and smiled and looked down at his hands in his lap. "Colby, I -" "Don't feel the same way. I just ended an engagement. I don't need to jump into anything new right now, especially with my best friend. Don't need to do anything rash right now. I'll just go". He got up and started walking to the door. He was in front of the bed and you stopped him. "COLBY DANIEL LOPEZ *He turned and looked at you* wait". You got up and stood in front of him and looked up at him. "I DO feel the same way about you. I started dating Nick because you were engaged. I had no idea you felt the same. I like you, Colby. A lot. I always have. And you're right.. You don't need to jump into anything right away. You WILL look guilty and that'll only lead to trouble with fans. I've waited this long to hear you tell me you had feelings for me, I can wait a little longer". 

He looked at you in total shock. He opened his mouth to say something and closed it. "So. Where do we go from here?". You looked at him nervously and he wrapped his arms around our neck and you wrapped your arms around his waist and he kissed the top of your head. "We wait. Wait until this all blows over... Then, I'm asking you out on a date". You leaned back enough to look at him and smiled and he smiled back. "So... What do we do until then?". Colby sighed and pulled you close to him and just held you. "We wait a couple of months.. Wait for it to blow over.. We hangout. Like we usually do. Nothing changes... Yet.". You pulled back and wrapped your arms around his neck as he gently placed his hands on your hips. You stood on your tiptoes and he bent his head down and the two of you were close enough to feel each other's breath. You wanted to kiss him. Bad. But he leaned back and kissed your forehead. "I wanna kiss you... But I don't want you to feel like a rebound". You put your hands on the back of his neck and pulled him down to you and kissed him softly and he kissed back. After you pulled away, you both smiled and he leaned his forehead gently on yours. "You will NEVER make me feel like a rebound. I promise". He smiled and kissed you again, this time a little longer. He pulled away and made his way to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow". You smiled and nodded your head and he left and gently closed the door. 

You just kissed your best friend. You sat down on the bed; feeling light headed. You smiled and changed your clothes and took your makeup off and slid into bed and heard your phone go off. It was a text from Colby.

Colby Lopez: Goodnight, Jess. I promise, once this all blows over... We'll be happy. I'll see you at the airport tomorrow

You smiled and quickly replied with 'Goodnight, Colby. I'm looking forward to it' and went to sleep.