Chapter 28

Over the next 2 weeks, Colby never left your side. The baby was taken off of the monitors and today was the first time you were gonna get to hold him. 

The nurse brought the baby in in his bed and handed him to you. He was so small, he could fit in the palm of your hand. She put him in your arms and you held his tiny hand and cried and smiled. Colby was on your left side and put his left hand on your elbow and his right hand above your head on the bed. He bent down and kissed you and smiled. He was a beautiful baby.

"So, Jess.. I've been thinking.. What do you think about Elijah for a first name?" *You smiled at him* "I love it" "Any ideas for a middle name?" "I was thinking maybe Daniel? After you?". He smiled and kissed you and looked at the tiny baby in your arms and smiled even wider. "I love it". You smiled and continued to stare at your perfect little baby boy.

Later that night, Elijah was asleep in his bed and you were asleep in your hospital bed and Colby was on your right side. You immediately sat up panting and Colby sat up and put his hand on your back asking what was wrong. "Colby... We don't have ANYTHING ready! We don't have a crib, stroller, car seat, NOTHING. The baby shower is supposed to be next weekend!" "Babe, it's 2:30 in the morning... I'll go get a car seat later and I'm sure my mom has an old one we can use until we can find one". You loved how he could calm you down with just the tone he uses. You nodded at him and went back to sleep.

Around 9 AM, Colby left to get breakfast and go car seat shopping. You found one you wanted online and sent him with the information. You were breast feeding Elijah when someone knocked on your door. "Come in!". You watched the door open and smiled widely when you saw Stephanie. She walked in and sat in the chair on the left side of the hospital bed. "Oh my gosh! He's beautiful". You smiled at her and finished feeding Elijah and burped him. "Can I hold him?" "Of course!". You handed Elijah to her and the two of you talked until Colby came back with a huge box with the car seat. "What all do you guys need?". Colby opened the box and started to read through the instructions. "We need a crib, changing table, stroller... Just about everything. I was supposed to go shopping with Colby's mom when I went on maternity leave. We don't even have the nursery painted yet" "Okay. I'll get everything taken care of. When can you go home?" "We get to go home tomorrow". The two of you talked as Colby put together the car seat and made sure he knew how to work it and went and put the base in the truck. You and Colby both traded in your vehicle's the month before. He had gotten a brand new race red Ford F150 and you got a brand new Dodge Journey. 

The next morning, you changed into a pair of leggings and a size too big Iowa State T-Shirt and sneakers and tied your hair back into a messy bun. Colby was pulling the car around, so you put Elijah in his going home outfit (a white onesie that says 'Future WWE Superstar' and a pair of sky blue pants and socks and his baby converse and put a sky blue beanie on him). Once he was dressed, you put him in his car seat and waited on Colby. 

Once Colby got back, he carried Elijah's car seat in his right hand and held your hand as you walked down to the car. He quickly fastened Elijah safely in the back seat and the 3 of you headed home to Davenport.

You got home around 3 in the afternoon and Colby got him out and followed you into the house. You went to go to your bedroom and walked by the nursery and saw someone in there so you opened the door and saw Hunter and Stephanie. They had completely finished the nursery. The crib was set up in the corner, there was a rocking chair across from the crib, and the changing table was to your right beside the doorway. You hugged them both as you cried. "I cannot believe you guys did this for us... Thank You!" "Anything for my baby sister. All we need to get now is one of those rocking things where all you gotta do is push a button and it rocks them and a stroller and some more clothes and you're good to go!" "You mean a bouncer?" "Yeah, that". You laughed and went into the bedroom and put on a pair of sweatpants and left your Iowa State shirt on and walked into the living room to see Hunter holding Elijah. The 4 of you talked and Hunter and Stephanie cooed over the baby and eventually left.

You and Colby ate dinner and you showered as Colby changed Elijah into a pair of dinosaur footy pajamas and laid him in his crib. You slept all through the night and didn't wake up once, thanks to Colby.

The next morning, you put on a pair of leggings and a loose fitting white T-Shirt and changed Eli into a black onesie with Colby's SR logo on the front and walked into the living room to see Colby watching TV in a pair of grey joggers and a plain white T-Shirt. You walked over to him and sat down on his left side and he smiled at the two of you. He pulled out his phone and snapped a selfie of the 3 of you and posted it saying 'Finally home! Everyone, meet Elijah Daniel Lopez. This past month has been scary and all around emotional rollercoaster, but I'm glad we're finally home and Jess and Eli are happy and healthy". You posted the same picture and said "Elijah Daniel Lopez is finally home! Colby and I are beyond happy to be home with our precious boy. I love you both so so much. Maybe some day I'll see these 2 wrestling around in the living room *winking emoji* But in all seriousness, we're all happy and healthy. Thank You all for the prayers!".

About a month later, you had your baby shower and everyone got you and Colby everything you needed and wanted. Colby was heading back out on the road and you were nervous to be at home alone with the baby, but you were ready.