Chapter 27

You were officially 7 months pregnant and couldn't be happier. You were at Monday Night RAW in a city 3 hours from Davenport. You had on navy blue sundress and a jean jacket with a pair of tan sandals and flat ironed your hair and had on smoky eyeshadow and mascara and called it good. You were in the middle of doing Charlotte's makeup when you got light headed and almost fell down. Charlotte held you by your arms and helped you sit in the chair.

"When was the last time you ate?" "Colby and I went to Panera Bread before we came here.. I've felt fine until now" "Let's get you to catering to get some water". The two of you made your way over to catering and you sat down at a table and put your head down on your arms on the table. Charlotte came walking over and you took a sip of the water bottle. "Dude, I'm burning up" "Take your jacket off". You took the jean jacket off and pulled up the straps on your spaghetti strapped dress. "I'm gonna go get Colby.. Joe! Come sit with Jess". Before you could object, she ran off to get Colby.

"What's going on?" "Charlotte's overreacting.. I just got a little light headed earlier". He held a cold water bottle to the back of your neck and before you knew it, Colby was by your side in his wrestling pants and no shirt with his shirt in his hand. He threw it down and took Joe's place and rubbed your back with his left hand as he put his right hand on your knee. "What's wrong? Charlotte said you were getting light headed" "I think I'm just too hot". 

After you said that, you felt like your heart was racing. "We're going to the hospital. Joe, will you tell Stephanie to get someone else for my match?". He nodded and helped you to the car and raced to the hospital. They got you checked in and took you straight back and you changed into a hospital gown and sat on the bed. The nurse sat the head of the bed up so you could lean back and still be sitting up. Colby stood on your right side and held your hand. The doctor came in and examined you.

"Your blood pressure is through the roof. I'm going to admit you and keep you overnight for observation. If it doesn't come down, we may have to induce labor and have this baby early". You looked at Colby and he squeezed your hand reassuringly. "Can we have the baby this early and he be okay? He's supposed to be in there for another 2 months. He isn't ready", Colby said. "It's not uncommon to have a baby this early. Most babies are born with no birth defects and are perfectly healthy. He'll have to be in NICU for a little while, but the chances of survival are high". The doctor left and a nurse took you up to be admitted. All through the night, they watched your blood pressure and it never went down. The doctor came in around 12 PM the next day and said that they'd have to induce you.

Colby was still in his ring gear and T-Shirt. "Colby, please go back to the hotel and change. That can't be comfortable" "I'm not leaving you *sits on the bed beside you and kisses your forehead*" "Fine". You pulled your phone out and texted Renee and she went and grabbed your suitcases and brought them to you and Colby changed into a pair of jeans and a CrossFit T-Shirt and sneakers and tied his hair back into a messy bun.

While you waited on the doctor to come back in, you thought about the first time you felt the baby kick. You and Colby were talking while you were doing Alexa Bliss's makeup and your face went white and you put your hand on your belly above your belly button. "Babe? What's wrong?". You ignored him and waited. You felt it again and smiled. "Colby, the baby kicked". He smiled and you grabbed his hand and put it where the baby was kicking.

The doctor came back into the room and pulled you from your thoughts. "Alright, Mrs. Lopez. Are you ready?" "I guess.. Are you sure we can't wait?" "Babies are born premature all the time. From your chart, I can see that he's perfectly healthy and I don't see any reason to put you at higher risk". You went to object and Colby spoke up. "Babe, your life is in danger. We can always make another baby. We won't ever be able to make another you. I know how shitty that sounds, but I can't lose you". You squeezed his hand and kissed him and nodded your head. More doctors came in and broke your water. You had decided on no epidural, which you were currently regretting.

Colby grabbed your left hand with his and put his right hand on your back as you pushed. After what felt like hours of pushing, you fell back and Colby wiped sweat from your forehead. "Colby, I can't do this". He bent down and kissed the top of your head. "Yes, you can. We're almost there. You got this, babe". You pushed one last time and the doctor said "Congratulations! A beautiful baby boy". You smiled and laid your head back onto the bed panting. Colby cut the umbilical cord and the doctor handed the baby over to the nurses who quickly cleaned him up and took him to the NICU. "Wait, why can't I hold my baby?" "We need to run some tests, okay? You'll be able to hold him soon". Colby kissed your cheek and wrapped his arms around you in a hug. 

Colby called his mom and then his dad and then your parents and told them what happened. "Yeah, mom, she's doing good. We're gonna get to see him in about an hour. Alright. Will you call everyone else and let them know? Okay. Love you too". Colby hung up and sat beside you on the bed. You looked at the time and saw that it was 3 PM. The delivery was quick and you were grateful for that, but you wanted to see your baby.

Around 4, the nurse came in and told you that you could go to the NICU to see the baby as long as you stayed in a wheelchair. Colby wheeled you down to the NICU and the nurse guided the two of you to where your baby was. You saw 'Baby Boy Lopez' written on a card on the bed at his feet and looked at him. He was beautiful.

He was hooked up to a bunch of machines to monitor his heart and everything else, so you couldn't hold him just yet. 

After a little while, you and Colby went back to your hospital room and he helped you back into bed and sat next to you on your right side and put his arm around you and kissed your temple. You started to cry and he pulled you close. "Babe, the doctor said he's gonna be okay. We got lucky.. He's healthy for being born this early and he's showing no signs of defects so far" "I know, but most women get to hold their baby after they're born.. I just wanna hold him". You cried into his chest and he rubbed your back soothingly.

Later that night around 9 PM, Colby took a selfie of the two of you in the hospital bed and you were both smiling and captioned it "Yesterday morning, Jessica started feeling light headed and dizzy, so I took her to the ER. Her blood pressure was sky rocketing and they couldn't get it to come down, so she was admitted and Baby Lopez was born at 2:14 PM on February 28, 2020. We don't have a name yet, but we have a few ideas in mind. Prayers for our little man and Jess are greatly appreciated!". He tagged you and the two of you slept.