Chapter 20

You and Colby got up the next morning and got dressed and headed out for Davenport. When you got to Davenport, you packed a fresh set of clothes and headed out for Colorado. 

After you landed in Denver, you and Colby headed for the hotel and you changed into a pair of athletic shorts and a tank top and climbed onto the bed. It was only 8 PM, but the two of you were exhausted. Colby laid down beside you and kissed you sleepily. "Jess, do you care if we -" "Just go to sleep?" "God, yes". You laughed and snuggled up to him and the two of you went to sleep in no time.

The next morning, you got up and showered and put on a pair of skinny jeans and an off the shoulder sweater and a pair of sandals and dried your hair with the diffuser and did a simple smoky eye and red lips to match your sweater. Colby put on a pair of dark denim jeans and a black button down shirt and black shoes and tied his hair back and put on his glasses. You were latching the buckle on your sandals when Colby grabbed your left hand and sat down beside you. "What are you doing?". He smiled at you and slid your engagement ring on your finger and kissed your hand. "You are so cheesy". He smiled and kissed you and the two of you made your way down to the car and headed off for the venue. You pulled out your phone and snapped a picture of the two of you (Colby holding your left hand and looking at the road smiling and you were smiling at the camera) and posted it and said "Checking out the venue for the wedding. Can't wait to be married to you, @wwerollins !". 

You walked up to the venue hand in hand and walked all through it. You were gonna have it in the indoor chapel and have the reception down the hall from it. It was gonna be perfect. 

Once you were done, you made the down payment and reserved the date and time. You finalized everything else and the only thing you had to do was get Colby fitted for his tux and find your dress.

Once you were done, you packed your things and headed for the airport and went back to Davenport for the week. You were wedding dress shopping with Stephanie, your sister, and the Bella's. 

After you landed, you and Colby had a quick lunch and you headed for the bridal shop to meet the girls. They were already in the parking lot and got out once they saw you. You all went inside and looked through the dresses. "Can I help you with anything?" "Yes! Please. My wedding is in November" "What are you looking for?" "The wedding is gonna be in Colorado. I'm looking for something traditional and long sleeve. Nothing too flashy" "Come with me". The girls sat down on the couch outside the dressing rooms and you tried on dress after dress and nothing you tried on made you feel like a bride. "Just keep going! It took me WEEKS to find mine", Brie said as you walked back into the dressing room. "I think I might actually have something in the back". The lady went back and came back with a gorgeous gown. You tried it on and walked out.

All of the girls got teary eyed when you walked out and you looked at yourself in the mirror and teared up

All of the girls got teary eyed when you walked out and you looked at yourself in the mirror and teared up. The lady put the veil on and you were in love with the dress and veil. It was a simple veil that clipped into your hair and flowed down to the floor and rested on the train of your dress. "Is this your dress" "Yes!". You smiled and cried and the girls hugged you. You paid for it and set up your fitting schedule and left.

You walked into the house and laid your purse down on the coffee table and sat down on the couch next to Colby. "Did you find your dress?" "Yes! I love it. I can't wait for you to see it" "I can't wait to see you in it" "It fits me perfectly. There's not much that needs to be altered. I feel amazing in it" "I'm glad. My tux will be ready in about a month and I can pick it up the next time we're home". You smiled and kissed him. All you had to do now was walk down that aisle.