Chapter 4

The next couple of months went by very slowly. Your feelings for Colby kept getting stronger and you had a feeling his for you were too. You had been hanging out in each other's hotel rooms and did your usual thing. Nobody suspected anything at all. You had told Joe and Jon about the kiss, but that was it. You weren't sure what Colby had said to them, so you left it at that. 

It was now the night of SummerSlam and everyone had pretty much forgotten about the tweet's about Colby. The storyline for Colby and the guys was Colby turned his back on the Shield. He was currently in catering; already wearing his ring gear and talking to the guys. You walked over and grabbed a bottle of water and an apple and waved as you walked out of catering and headed back to your makeup station. Colby was in a match for the United States Championship.

You were wearing a pair of jean shorts and black thigh high boots with a black loose fitted cropped tank top and your hair flat ironed. You had simple winged eyeliner and Jeffree Star's Unicorn Blood liquid lipstick.

You took a bite of your apple and started to do makeup on your group of girls and Colby came walking over. "Hey, you okay? You didn't sit with us at catering" "Yeah, I'm good. Got a lot of looks to do". You looked over at him and smiled and he turned around and walked off. You quickly finished the girls' makeup and headed over to the TV area at gorilla and watched Colby's match. HE WON.

You waited VERY impatiently for him to come back and as soon as he was backstage you wrapped your arms around him in a hug and he wrapped his around your waist and picked you up in a hug. You had completely forgotten that nobody knew the two of you were secretly making out, so you pulled back enough to kiss him and he kissed you right back. You heard a couple of gasps from other superstars and heard a couple of them talking. You pulled back and half turned to look at them and Colby kept his hand on the small of your back. "It is NOT what it looks like", you said as you turned back around and looked at Colby. He was shirtless and sweaty, but you didn't care. 

Colby let go of you and headed off to the locker room to shower and you headed to catering and sat down with Jon and Joe. "So, Jess, we heard you and Colby had quite the kiss at gorilla", Jon said as he took a bite of his salad. "Yeah, uh... About that.." "Jon, they've been sleeping with each other for a couple of weeks now" "Joe!! We have NOT had sex" "YET". You were about to pop off a smartass comment when Colby sat down next to you and the 4 of you talked and joked around and Colby had his hand on your right knee the whole time.

After SummerSlam was over, you and the guys headed back to the hotel and Colby went back to your room with you and laid down on the bed and you laid beside him on the opposite side of the bed. "You know, I really fucked up by kissing you after your match" "I didn't mind. If I would've cared, I wouldn't have kissed you back". He looked over at you and you looked at him. He had a smirk that could make any girl's knee's buckle. "Yeah, but.. You said you wanted to wait a while... I figured we'd date for a little while before we told everyone". He rolled over onto his side and you did too to face him. He grabbed your left hand (you were on your right side) and smiled at you. "Jess, it's been 6 months. I think it's about time I asked you out on a date". He got up and went over to his bag and pulled out his laptop and looked online for something.. He smiled and shut his laptop and sat down in front of you and took both of your hands in his. "Jess, will you go on a mini golf date with me tomorrow afternoon?" "Are you serious?" "Dead serious. We have the whole day off tomorrow. Let's go on an official date". You got on your knees and kissed him. "Is that a yes?" "It's a yes!". He laughed and kissed you back and pushed you down onto your back, kissing you more passionately. He started kissing your neck. "Colby, I think we should wait for this". He stopped immediately and sat up and you sat up and you both sat cross legged and you put your hand on his leg. "It's just that... I've never had sex before... I wanna wait... Is that okay?".

You saw the shocked look on his face and immediately got embarrassed so you scooted back to the headboard and looked down; your face beet red. You played with the hem of your shirt and he gently tilted your head up with his hand, making you look at him. "Jess, I had no idea... I'm so so so sorry. I promise, we can wait as long as you need to". You smiled and looked back down. "I mean it, Jessica.. If I would've known...". You looked up at him and grabbed his hand. "It's okay, Colby... I'm the one that's weird. I was more focused on school and sports and before I knew it, I was turning 23 and hadn't had sex yet. I dated in high school, but it never got that serious" "You're not weird. You waited. I can respect that". You smiled at each other and he kissed you. "I'm gonna go back to my room.. Jon will be wondering where I'm at. I'll pick you up around 11 tomorrow morning. Okay?" "Okay". You got up and followed him to the door and kissed him before he left. You were excited for your date, but also a little nervous. You were going on a date with your best friend!