Chapter Nineteen: Day of morning

The day of my mother's funeral I sat in black, it was a knee length dress that blew with the cold and depressing breeze. It was raining hard but I refused to stand under an umbrella, they started lowering her casket into the ground as tears ran down my softly colored pink cheeks. People all around the kingdom and village gathered in tears and sadness. Before the casket completely fell into the hole, I walked I've and placed the hybrid color roses we grew together over her grave. She is the reason we call it Roselynn anyway, plus our last names.

"Ames I'm very sorry..." Said a voice that was too familiar. I turned around to see Sonic standing there holding an umbrella over the both of us. "Don't be, my mother's death is nothing to morn over... she's in the gates of holy heaven, where she shall not feel the pain out burden of death." I said turning my back to him again. "Amy are you ok, your not yourself..." He said touchingly shoulder. "Whatever do you mean, I am clearly myself." I said looking over my shoulder to him.

"No, you seem cold and heartless." He said with a concerned voice. "No your just very naive, now let me be." I said coldly as I brushed him off softly and walked past him. "Amy...." Said Sonic whimpering a bit. "Sonic I'm sorry, I just want to be alone." I said as I kept walking swiftly, I was heading to my room so I could start a new. I ran threw the castle to my room with tears flooded my eyes, however I refused to let them flow.

I lowered my head and ran even faster until I bumped into someone, I flashed red and looked up meeting eyes with a white and black striped tiger, it was Jasmine from the tailor shop. "Princess Amy, is anything the matter?" She asked sweetly. I shook my head no, not wanting her to be tangled in the mess of a day I was having. She seemed to see right through me as she shook her head in denial. "Your lying, what's the matter?" She asked clearly wanting to listen to my state of mind. "I'm not up for talking about it Jasmine, maybe another.... time." I said letting my bangs cover my eyes again as I walked into my room.

I was actually wet from the rain but I wasn't bothered much by it, I just laid in my bed weeping softly over the loss of my mother. Yet it wasn't just that, it also made me think... what if I would have just stood down as she wished? "You'd still be here..." I whispered to myself. Suddenly there was a knock at the door, I sighed and got up to answer it. I opened the door and saw Greta with Sonic, I stood there a bit shocked and started to close my door. "Not this time Amelia." Said Greta plain as day using her foot to stop the door. I jumped hearing her use my full name, my mother only did that when she was pleading with me or if I were in Some sort of trouble. "What do you mean Greta?" I asked a bit confused.

I looked down and notices she was holding Sonic's wrist tightly as he was dead red and struggling to move a bit. "What I mean is I'm not letting you lose your mother, father, and love!" She snapped a bit. I jumped at her reaction to my statement and blushed a bit noticing she mentioned "My love." "That's right Amy, I know your true feelings for Sonic and how your giving up on fighting. Well damn it, I say that's idiotic of you!" She said stomping her foot lightly to the ground. I was pretty astonished to see Greta acting in such a demanding manner, she lightly shoved Sonic into my room.

"Now the two of you just need to talk it out and find a solution that suits you both." She said closing the door behind her, leaving Sonic and I together in my room..... alone.