Chapter 7

Sophia

It's been 4 weeks. 4 long weeks. In those 4 weeks I have tossed myself into running the shop office. Getting everything back to square one.

Tonight we head start the long drive to Santo Padre. Charming being in Northern California and Santo Padre being on the Cali/Mexico board, it's at least a day and a half drive non stop.

Not everyone is making the trip. There always has to be a patched member to hold down the fort. Dad is choosing to stay back, something about tying up loose IRA ends.

Normally I would be forced to stay back. Run the legit businesses, my focus is on the shop while Chucky still handles Scoops. This time though I'm on van duty. With the prospect out of commission because of a bum leg, caused by Happy.

Packing up some last minute things, even though our stay was going to be less than two days, I needed to make sure I had everything I needed. The drive would be non stop till we reach San Bernardino as it was the closest charter to Santo Padre.

Being sent with Tig and Happy meant that I could at least let loose a little bit more than if Chibs was coming along too. Rat was too scared of what I could do to him if he told on me.I wasn't someone to mess with if you piss me off. Being raised by Gemma and my father have IRA background, I was fully capable of protecting myself, not afraid to pull the trigger if need be.

"C'mon woman! We are going to gone for 4 days at the most, how much shit do you need to bring?!" Tig says as he comes in my room to carry my two large duffel bags to the van.

"Tigger, I need to be ready for any kind of situation. You never know what kind of shit we will run into when we are gone." I explain sarcastically. Turning away from him to grab my purse before walking out leaving him standing there slaying his head, muttering expletives towards me.

"Don't let her get wild. I fuckin mean it. I don't care if you have to be on her heels the whole night, you make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." I can hear Chibs saying quietly to someone as I'm about to round the corner. Stopping quickly to try and hear who it is that he's speaking with.

"Will do Prez" replies a deep raspy voice

"Will do Prez" replies a deep raspy voice. Happy, of course he would recruit Happy! Happy was probably the only member who didn't let me get away with my shit.

Pretending like I wasn't just listening in on them, I compose myself and walk out from around the corner. "You sure you can handle things here in your own Pop? I'm sure the guys could spare someone staying back, Happy could help you while we are gone." I say trying to not let on that I just heard them.

"Aye I'll be fine darlin'. Happy needs to go, Sgt. at arms should always be with the VP is the President can't." He says sternly. Shit always with the fuckin rules. I inwardly roll my eyes, knowing I can't fight with him on it.

"Ok! Whatever you say, Happy you got the bedrolls ready to load up in the van. Yes the infamous bed rolls that were introduced to us by Cameron Hayes are still in use. I had became a pro at making them over the past few years.