Chapter 16

Sophia

I was still sitting at the kitchen table when I heard Angels bike coming down the street. I had been sitting in silence since the phone call with Angel had ended. I lit a cigarette and took a long drag from it before slowly exhaling and taking a sip of the glass of peach wine I had poured myself to calm my nerves.

I hear the front door open and shut and keys being tossed on the end table before the heavy footsteps grew closer to the kitchen. "Hey, Pop hooked us up with some nice cuts as a thank you for your help yesterday in the shop." He says as he tosses the butcher paper wrapped steaks on the counter top.
Grabbing a beer from the fridge then from the back of my chair he tilts my head back to look at him standing behind me and giving me a long kiss.

Barely kissing him back but he doesn't seem to notice as he walks away shrugging his kutte off and hanging it up on the hook by the back door. He turns to look at me and but I refuse to look at him and chug down the rest of my glass of wine before pouring myself another full glass as I take a puff from my still burning cigarette.

I can feel his stare burning into me, holding my emotions in were bringing me to the brink of madness and making me feel like I was going to explode. "So who is she?" I finally say.

He gives me a confused look and shakes his head "who is who? What the fuck are you talking about?"

I push out a laugh "the girl you went to see today. Who the fuck is she? She the real reason you sent me back to Charming? So I wouldn't get in the fuckin way?!"

He continues to look at me in shock at my outburst "I don't know who the fuck you are talking about..I told you why I sent you to Charming. Soph I haven't been with another female since we got together. Where is all this bullshit comin from?"

"So the picture of you and some bitch is nothing? You two seem pretty close and acquainted with each other." He expression changes quickly from confusion to shock and panic. "Judging by your face you seem to know who I'm talking about. You should probably choose your next words wisely, Angel."

He starts to pace slightly shaking his head "No. No no no no you are misunderstanding shit. Its nothing like that. God damn it Sophia I wouldn't do that! You know I'm not like that!"

"Then what is it?! Who the hell is she?! If you were sent a picture of me and another man getting close like you were with her you would have the club out searching for him to cut his damn dick off so don't make me look like I'm completely fuckin crazy!" I stand up and storm over to him. Toe to toe, looking up at him determined to get answers. The truth.

"Who the fuck sent you this picture? I promise you Sophia. Whatever you think it is, it's not that."

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and go to the anonymous text message sent to me earlier before handing it to him to see for himself. "Now you tell me who the fuck she is and who the fuck she is to you!"

An angry look washes over his face as he looks at the picture on my phone. He shakes his head and hands the phone back to me and walks away. I begin to cry. Fearing that my accusations were in fact true.

I hear a crash in the spare room, a room Angel had turned into his own little home gym. A place he frequents when his anger becomes too much. I slowly walk into the room and see him sitting on his bench press with his head in his hands. I see his knuckles have a few small cuts on them and have a dusting look to them. He had punched a hole in the drywall. Something he never did, he was always very good at controlling his anger around me.

I continue to stand in the doorway and watch him "Sophia, I promise you with every part of soul I have left that I would never cheat on you."

He still wasn't looking at me. I needed him to look at me. "Then I need an explanation. The truth Angel, all of it." I walk over and sit down next to him on the bench press.