Chapter 19

"No it needs to be deeper than that!"
As I walk over and take the hand plow out of EZ's hands, deciding that doing it myself would be easier.

I had been up Angels ass for awhile about letting me put a garden in our decent sized backyard. To get in my good graces again he finally agreed, with the stipulations that I agree EZ could help me.

Slamming the garden tool into the soil over and over till I was finally happy with my first plowed row looked. I stood admiring the little work I started and began day dreaming till I got a quick chill on the back of my neck.

"Here drink something. You couldn't have picked a hotter day to start this ya know?" EZ said handing me a beer from the outdoor cooler and turning back to go sit on a patio chair.

He wasn't wrong. It was only 10am and already nearing 100 degrees.

"Thanks for helping me with this, I mean I know you didn't really have a choice but thanks." I say to him as I go and sit in the adjacent chair.

He leans forward resting his elbow on his thighs, grasping his beer bottle between in both hands. "Its not a problem, honestly it's a little better than washing everyone's bike every time they get back to the clubhouse." He replies laughing a bit at the thought.

"So how many rows should we do? I was thinking maybe.." I begin to say till EZ's phone rings, cutting me off.

"Shit, sorry..um do you mind if so go inside and take this really fast?" He says glancing as the screen of his phone.

"Yeah! Go ahead." Waving my hand towards the back door.

EZ stands up walking inside answering his phone, his voice becoming muffled as he shuts the back door behind him.

"Well I'm not going to get this done by sitting on my ass" I mutter to myself, taking one last drink of my beer before walking back over to my previous spot in the yard. I begin to start the next row, slamming the garden tool into the ground just a handful of times when I hear a tires on gravel.

"Hey miss!" I hear a voice yell. Looking up and over my right shoulder to see a young man in a older car stopped in the alley running behind the row of houses.

"Yeah?! Can I help you with something?!" I say as I use my hand as a shield for my eyes against the sun. Not moving and keeping a firm grip on the garden tool I held in my hands.

"I was hoping you could tell me where the closest pet store is? I need to pick up a few things for my pet rabbit. I think she may be in heat, her behavior is.." he starts to ramble before I cut him off.

"Yeah I don't really think there is a pet store around here. You might have to check in the town over. Google it maybe. " I say trying to cut the conversation and run him off.

He stares at me "Are you sure? I could have swore there was a pet store close by. Do you think I could use your phone to call my sister? She told me..."

"Hey! What do you need man!" EZ's voice yells out from the back door as he quickly makes his way over to the car looking nervous.

The young man looks alarmed "Oh never mind! I think I know exactly where I need to go!" pulling away before EZ makes it over to the fence. He opens the gate and walks into the alley, looking in the direction he drove off in and back the other way before walking back in the yard and over to me.

"Are you ok? What did he say to you?" He begins to fire questions at me.

I look at him with confusion, " I'm fine. I don't know something about finding a pet store to get shit for his horny ass rabbit I guess. " shrugging my shoulders, blowing off the entire situation and getting back to my garden plowing.

"You look really pale. Maybe you should come inside and sit down for a bit. It's really hot ya know." EZ says to me. I shake my head and laugh at him while still plowing away "EZ I'm 75% Scottish, I'm the palest person living in the town!"

"Please. Just for like 30 minutes. Cool off for my peace of mind?" He pleads. I stop and huff looking at him for a moment before throwing my garden tool down before I begin to stomp inside. "30 minutes!" I yell as I walk to the back door before slamming it behind me.

***EZ***

Hearing the back door slam shut behind Sophia. I immediately run my hands over my face before pulling my phone out of my kutte to call Angel.

"What's up Boy Scout?"

"Hey have you heard from Adelita lately?" I ask.

***********************
The wait is over. I'm sorry for the horrible long wait! Hopefully I can begin to get in the groove again! This is not edited so sorry for any typos. I'm going to try and go through all the chapters soon and edit them all, just have to find the time! Thank you all so much!!