Chapter 14

Angel

Pulling up to warehouse I notice right away that I'm the last to arrive. Reaching into my kutte to see if I'm late and find that my phone is missing. Cursing to myself knowing I had probably left it on the kitchen table.

Getting off my bike I walk over to Coco and Gilly, "Hey let me see your phone. I left mine at home, I'm going to call Sophia to see if she will bring it to me." He hands me his phone without a reply and I was a few paces away from them and scroll through his contacts before coming upon Sophia's name and beginning a text to her.

"Hey it Angel. Can you bring my phone to the dress warehouse? I left it on the table at the house. I don't have time to come get it."

"Yeah I seen it right after you left. I'll be there in a few."

Walking back over to Coco and handing him his phone back. Standing around for about 5 minutes till I seen her car pull around the corner and into the area we were standing. I begin to walk over to her to greet her and thank her.

She rolls down the window slowly revealing that she had her hair down and sunglasses on. Bending down and resting on the window frame as she reaches in her purse to get my phone out.

"Thank you my love." Leaning in the window and kissing her sweetly. "I think I heard it go off a few minutes ago but I didn't look at it" freezing and looking at her as my heart starts to race wondering if she had looked at it and was waiting for me to cough up the truth.

"But I really have to get going. I told your Dad I would help him out today and I need to clean that disgusting house. I swear you haven't done anything since I left have you?"

I laugh and shake off the nervousness. "Sorry, I know you like things done a certain way."

"Yeah whatever. At least you'll finally have clean clothes. Kiss me again I need to go" I love when she's demanding.

Kissing her again quickly before pulling away to let her drive off. "Bye Soph!" I hear Gilly yell from behind me.

Sophia

Making a quick u-turn and leaving the way I came in so I don't get lost. I have only been to the warehouse one other time. As I'm pulling towards the gates I see a group of men getting out of black SUV's. I recognize one of them immediately as Miguel Galindo. He's a charming and handsome man but extremely dangerous.

They spot me and immediately began to walk back towards where my car is. One of his men holds his hand up, signaling for me to stop.

" Ma'am you do understand this is private property? I need to know why you are here?"

Knowing better than to tell them who I really am and who I'm associated with I quickly think of an excuse. "Oh I missed my turn a block over and just needed to turn around really quick. I'm so sorry! I'm not familiar with the industrial side of town" putting on a sweet smile and looking him directly in the eye. Though his sunglasses barred me from seeing where he was looking.

He smirks at me "Well someone as gorgeous as you shouldn't be getting lost on this side of town, especially alone." He reaches into his suit jacket, as he does I can clearly see his gun holsters. I feel my heart begin to race and my palms start to get sweaty.

He pulls out a card with a phone number on it but no name "Call me if you ever need directions again. I'd be glad to help. Maybe you can repay me with dinner." His smirk shows of a glistening gold tooth in his mouth.

"Ah thank you..I'll be sure to keep this on me just in case I need it." Ha yeah right! It's going straight in the trash!

He pats the hood of my car as he walks away. Signaling that I could leave.

Quickly pulling out of the parking lot and taking a left turn and heading back into town to Felipe's shop.

Angel

We stood for just a few more minutes before we seen Galindo and his security team and other men rounding the corner.

Bishop walks towards him to meet him in the middle and shake hands "Sorry I'm late. We had to take care of a small trespassing problem but Nestor handled it" he turn back to glance and wink at Nestor

Shit. They must have seen Sophia on her way out. Quickly pulling out my phone and sending her a quick text to see if she was ok.

As I finish typing out the text to her I see that Adelita has replied to my text from this morning.

"Later. 9 o'clock. Dancing Flamingo Lounge. Come alone"

I send her a reply "Can't tonight. Have some shit to take care of on this side.

Turning my phone back on silent and go to catch up with everyone else who had begun to walk inside.