The Founder's Court

Chapter 16

"Bonnie!" Caroline yelled as we walked across the school yard. Caroline and I both ran over to her seeing her standing with Elena. I didn't even know Bonnie was back. When we reached the two girls, Caroline pulled Bonnie in a long hug saying, "Bonnie, thank God you're home."

"I know we talked every day but I missed you," Caroline added. I looked at Elena in confusion. Neither have heard from Bonnie in weeks. Yet, she has talked to Caroline non-stop. Yup, that hurts a little bit. I smiled weakly at Bonnie, giving her a small hug. "How are you doing?" I asked.

"Better. It's better, you know?" She asked. "Glad to be back. And I'm trying to keep myself busy." I nodded slowly in understanding, well, sort of.

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe needed, ASAP," Caroline beamed. "You need to help me pick the perfect dress for the Founder's Court."

"The Founder's Court? Did I miss something?" Elena asked and I moved to her side. The Founder's Court was coming up? Shit. "The Founder's Court. You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today. And you, Georgie, and I are all on it," Caroline smiled.

"Oh, my god, we signed up for that so long ago. I completely forgot," Elena said. I was with her on that one. I signed up with Elena and her mom. Elena begged me to do it with her since her mom was making her and I agreed. Caroline of course was going to do it. She was just that type of person. Bonnie was the only one of us not doing it though.

"So are you dropping out, then?"

"I can't."

"No?"

"Her mom is the one who wanted her to enter," Bonnie spoke up.

"Yeah, and Elena wouldn't leave me to suffer in this thing because she's the one who wanted me to sign up," I smiled, lightening the mood the best I could to keep Elena's mind off of her parents right now. "Yup," Elena said, forcing a smile and hugging me lightly.

***

Elena and I headed to her house. We started talking about the Founder's Court. We planned a day to go dress shopping and everything. Omly problem was when we got to dates and stuff. I just broke up with Tyler. And the day was going to be here rather soon. "I'm going to call Stefan and ask him. Why don't you ask Damon? And is he says no than I'll force Jeremy to go with you," Elena joked and I smiled.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask," I mumbled and she nodded, grabbing her cell phone.

"Yeah, come on we're like sisters. And how awesome would it be to take two brothers?" Elena smirked and I laughed, nodding.

"It'd be badass," I winked, pulling my phone out my pocket and going to call Damon. Elena went to go fetch us some water and to call Stefan. "Hello Goergie," Damon answered.

"Hey," I greeted cheerfully.

"Okay, so there's a lot going on. We need to talk immediately. Why don't you come over here later?" He asked.

"Um sure. We talk about whatever later. I wanted to ask you something."

"If it's about your birthday, yes I know it's in two days, and I am getting you something."

"Aw! Thank you. But that's not it."

"Okay, what's your question."

"Will you be my date to the Founder's Court?" I asked timdly, blushing to myself. I felt awkward asking my best friend.

"I didn't see that coming...Uh, yeah. Of course Georgie. I'd love to be your date. When don't we attend a date together," he joked.

"True, I've taken you as my date to everything really," I laughed.