Chapter 14 Volume 4

Zack (POV)
It was morning and the sun was peeking through the trees I was keeping watch in. I was hella tired pulling an all-nighter and Qrow's coughing didn't help either.
Zack *mind*- Told that idiot to treat that scratch. Now look at him. He's dying and we need to get him some medical attention fast.
Cas- You should probably turn into a dragon. They're starting to wake up.
Zack (telepathic talk)- Good idea.
I turn into a dragon and fly down to Qrow. Ruby get out of her sleeping bag and rushes to Qrow's side. Kaz does the same. Ruby gasps at the purple blood that's on his hand and his wound.
Qrow- Well that's unfortunate.
Meanwhile back in patch on the same morning.
Yang (POV)
It's been months since beacon. I've been depressed ever since. It wasn't all about losing my arm. Some of it was about losing Zack and Pyrrha. They were family to me and now they've gone and never coming back. I'm getting better though. I got a new robotic arm from atlas. I training with dad right now. Dad throws a couple punches at me but I knock them away. I go for a spin kick but did leans back to avoid it and he hits me with a thrust punch that pushes me back a little. Dad goes for a corkscrew kick but I block with both arms and push him into the air. As he comes down I hit him in the shoulder with a right. It sends him back a lot.
Tai- Wow. That thing packs a punch.
Yang- We've been at this for weeks. I get it. You wanna make sure I can still fight. (Pounds fists together) I think I'm doing just fine.
Tai- You're close.
Yang- Oh really?
Tai- You're still off balance.
Yang- What?! No I'm not. Honestly I'm kinda surprised. I thought it would just be this huge weight but it feels natural. They did a great job with this thing.
Dad blindsides me with a right. He goes for a left but I block and do a spinning back elbow. He blocks and I go for a series of kicks. A couple more blows and we come into a lockup.
Tai- I wasn't talking about your actual balance. He trips me and I fall on my back.
Tai- Although, that could use some work too.
Yang- (sigh) Meaning?
Tai- I saw your tournament fights. During the Vytal festival.
Yang- Let me guess, I was sloppy.
Tai- No no. You were predictable and stubborn and maybe a little boneheaded.
I sit up and look at him.
Tai- Do you realize that you used your semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers?
I turn away from him.
Yang- So what? How is me using my semblance any different than someone using theirs?
Tai- Cause not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum. I'm serious. Once you take damage, you can dish it back twice as hard but that doesn't make you invincible. It's great when you're in a bind but what happens if you miss? What happens if their stronger? Strong like that Zack fellow? What then? Now you're just weak and tired. You've always one to burn brighter than anyone else. Whether if it was with your smile or..I remember your first haircut. But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Keep a level head and think before you act. Your semblance is a great fallback but you can't let yourself rely on it. It won't always save you. Obviously.(Sigh) You definitely have your mom's stubbornness.
Yang- (sarcastic) Oh now we can talk about her?
Tai- Well as I have been informed, you're an adult now remember?
Yang- Well sorry I remind you of her.
Tai- Don't be.Raven was great in so many ways. Her strength, her ambition, her dedication to whatever cause she thought was worth fighting for. I'm proud of much of her I see in you but I'm glad I don't see all of her in you.
Yang- Why?
Tai- (Sigh) Your mother was...a complicated woman. Like everybody, she had her faults but those faults are what tore our team apart and they did a real number on our family. You both act like the easiest way to tackle and obstacle is through it. That strength is all that matters in a fight but if would just take a second look then maybe you see, there's away around as well. C'mon one more before breakfast.
Author: Another short one I'm sorry. I hate how season 4 does there timeskips. One moment someone could be doing something at this time then it transitions into something that happened the night or day before. It's so frustrating going episode to episode trying to clip parts together. Anyway I'll see y'all in the next chapter.