Not My Babies

"Get rid of them"

"Is Wei Ying okay with this?"

"I'm not losing him. "

"Have you discussed this with him"

"He CAN'T EVEN SPEAK ANYMORE" "NOT Without pain"

"THAT'S WHY YOU HAD TO DISCUSS THIS WITH HIM"

" I DID AND HE WENT INTO A SEIZURE" next to him, Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren were startled never had they seen Lan Wangji scream.

Wen Qing sighed. 

"Did he manage to say anything before he went into a seizure?"

Lan Zhan mind flashes back to that day.

.......

He and Wei Ying had just finished watching a movie when Lan Zhan brought it up in the worst way possible.

"YOU WANT TO WHAT?!"

"Wei Ying please" Lan Zhan had begged from the other end of the room.

Wei Ying had instantly got up and placed his hand protectively over his stomach. 

"NO, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT, HOW COULD YOU EVEN UTTER THAT??"

"You might die" Lan Zhan pleaded with Wei Ying

"SO"

"I can't lose you, pleasee"

"AND I CAN'T LOSE THEM"

"WE CAN HAVE OTHER CHILDREN, WE CAN ADOPT" Lan Zhan said finally raising his voice

"IT'S NOT THE SAME. NO OTHER CHILD CAN POSSIBLE REPLACE THESE, I already love them I can't give them up, EVER" Wei Ying stood his ground.

"Wei Ying please, baby please" Lan Zhan begged

"no" 

"I AM NOT LOSING YOU"

"If I live and they don't, you've already lost me."  Wei Ying turned to leave the room. Lan Zhan caught him by the arm.

"WEI YING"

"Let me go, I am LEAVING, Lan Wangji let me go"

"I CAN'T"

Wei Ying furiously turned around, tugged his hand loose and was ready to march out the door when he.... he.. (it hurt to remembers)...but he started erratically seizing, with only one word escaping his lips... "don't"

..............

"He didn't manage to say anything" Lan Zhan said

"I see, pity... if he's having seizures, and struggling to breathe... well .. we could try induced childbirth and hope...that they survive.. all four of them. Seeing as it's still early in his 7th month, and he has triplets and not a single baby.. the chances of survival for the children isn't the highest"

"Save Wei Ying, no matter what"

Wen Qing sighed, " As a doctor saving lives is my first and foremost priority"

.....

"Our family rules say all lives are sacred. Lan Wangji are you sure?"

"I can't lose him."

If I live and they don't, you've already lost me. 

"I cant"

The date for the birth was set, and on the day Lan Zhan was by Wei Ying's bedside.

Wei Ying was barely conscious.

"Mister Lan we're here to take Mister Wuxian for the operation."

"En"

Lan Zhan looked at his beloved one last time, leaned down to kiss his forehead and whispered 

" I'm sorry"

It was surprising to say the least when he heard a weak " save my babies". He saw Wei Ying's eyes motion to his stomach, where the babies, nicknamed cookie, cream and milky way, were no doubt kicking with all their Lan might.

How? Wei Ying was struggling to breathe, he had been in different levels of pain since the hitting his seventh month. Lan Zhan had wanted to be a dad, he wanted to love these triplets, but it wasn't worth this.

" p  le    as  e"

The nurse who didn't hear anything wheeled Wei Ying away to the operating room, unknowingly leaving a trail of tears.