Initiation and The Chocolate Haired Bun-Bun

Y/n P.O.V.

  It has been a couple hours since Ozpins speech, you and Ruby were laid down on your sleeping bags.  You were positioned in the far right corner, away from everyone else.  Especially Yang and Wiess.  As you stared at the ceiling, you came to the conclusion that you weren't going to get any sleep tonight.

  Y/n: Hey Rubes, you awake?

  Ruby: ZZzzzz...

  Y/n: I'll take that as a no.  Oh well, might as well explore.

  Walking out of the ballroom, being mindful of sleeping people.

  Y/n: huh, they aren't silhouettes.

   After you exited you headed straight for the court yard.  Upon enterg the court yard, you sat yourself on a bench, looking up you attempted to find any recognizable constellations.  Of course none were found.  What you did find though, was your hearing was significantly more heightened, as you could hear murmurs and a faint feminine whimper from across the yard.  Turning your head you saw Jaune, Cardin, and Dove surrounding Velvet.

  You stood from your place on your bench and made your way over to the three boys.

  Jaune: WHAT A FREAK!

  Dove:  yeah, look at those ears!

  Cardin: yeah... I WONDER IF THEY'RE REAL!?

  You felt that same wierd energy fire off inside you, but to a much lesser degree, as you saw Cardin reaching for Velvets ear, a cruel sadistic smile on his lips.  Rushing forward you twisted your body around and delivered a reverse roundhouse kick to Cardin's side, staggering him.  After he regained his balance he turned to look at you, his eyes filled with rage.

  Y/n: shit, now what?

  Cardin: Now you're gonna get it, Jauney Boi, Dove, grab him.

  Jaune and Dove did as they were told, grabbing both your arms and locked you in a scarecrow pose.  Cardin cracked his knuckles and glared down at you maliciously.

  Cardin: so, why'd you try to help out this animal freak?

  Why did I try to save her? For all I know, she could be a total bitch.  Nothing else makes sense, pretty sure Ozpin is a psycho, Glynda's even more bitchy than normal, and Ruby's suicidal for God's sake.  Now Jaune, he's a total ass too.  A waste of human flesh.

  I guess it's because I'm still hoping, that some part of this world is the same.

  Y/n: because you were harassing her, which is not cool bro.

  Cardin: ooooh, look out boys, its Captain Righteous Headband, we better ruuuun.

  Cardin unleashed a flurry of blows to your chest and stomach.  Velvet gasped and covered her mouth.  You could feel the energy from before rising even higher, with even greater intensity.  You could feel your eyes burn, but not painfully so.  The covering on your eyes started to fall off, all the while Cardin was cackling joyfully as he continued to beat you.

  Y/n: c-cover... oof.... your... grn.... eyes

  Velvet looked at you, her eyes filled with.... fear? Why was she afraid?  She didn't say anything, she simply complied with your demand.  Throwing your head forward, you knocked your wrap fully off your eyes, glaring at Cardin.  His face morphed from pure joy, to downright terror, his face basked in a faint Crimson glow. 

  In a sudden pulse, the energy building within you burst free, coloring the world monochrome.  Pressure pushed down on Cardin and his lackeys, like an unending downwards tidal wave.  Cardin stepped back, choking on his own breath, and trembling fearfully.

  Cardin: GET AWAY! GET AWAY FROM ME! EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! AHHHGAAAH!

  Cardin and his, now confused and terrified, lackeys ran away as fast as they could.  After they were out of sight, you took a calming breath, feeling the energy lessen and fade.  After it had faded completely, you reached down and grabbed your wrap, wrapping it back around your face.

  After it was firmly secured, you walked over to a terrified, trembling Velvet on the ground.  She was covered in bruises and small cuts.

  Y/n: poor thing

  You offered her your hand she was taken aback slightly, but upon seeing your comforting smile, took your hand.

  Velvet: w-what was THAT!

  Y/n: do you want the cool answer, or the truthful one?

  Velvet let out a quick giggle, seemingly more relaxed.

  Velvet: I'm Velvet, thanks for helping me, there isn't very much a Faunus like me can do in a situation like that.

  Y/n: my name is Y/n, and I'd be more than happy to help, any time.

  Velvet: I hate to cut this short, really I do, but I got to get back to my dorm, my team mates  get angry when I'm unaccounted for for any amount of time.

  Y/n: do you want me to walk you back to your dorm?

  Velvet: thank you, but no, I should be fine.

  She gave a little curtsy, and ran off.

  Y/n: why can't my life ever be simple?

  Time skip brought to you by Y/n using Cinders lap like a pillow.

  The cliff looks way taller in real life, how the hell am I gonna do this?

  After Ozpin rambled on, wasting a solid half hour, he started launching students off into the forest below.  Soon it was your turn, you offered Ruby a reassuring head nod, then you were launched into the air.  The world slowed as fear gripped your heart. Sailing through the air, you found the ground approaching fast, but before you hit a stray branch you were pinned to a tree by red spear.

  Y/n: Pyrrah? 

  Sure enough, the red haired saint landed right in front of you, a concerned look on her face.

  Pyrrah: are you okay?

  Y/n: thank god, Pyrrah's still a cinnabun.

  Y/n: I am now, all thanks to you.

  She blushed faintly.

  Pyrrah: I'm happy to help.

  Y/n: I'm Y/n.

  Pyrrah: Pyrrah, nice to meet you.

  Y/n: So I guess we're partners?

  Pyrrah: yeah...

  Y/n: I'm thankful I don't have to worry about fucking up the timeline, otherwise this might be a problem.

  Pyrrah: any idea where were going?

  Y/n: North?

  Pyrrah started laughing.

  Y/n: She has a really cute laugh...

Two chapters in one day, I'm on a roll.