Before the Apocalypse

I stood beside the unconscious man, unbeknownst to the man's family and friend, as I was still in my purest form and could not be seen by man. I was meant to look after him, I was meant to give him guidance. This man was Officer Rick Grimes, and he was suffering from a gunshot wound. If he had listened to my guidance, he would not have been shot.

Police stood above the site of the car crash. One of the car's occupants got out and started shooting at the police. Rick, his friend, and the other officers quickly took out the threat. Before making sure that the site was secure, Rick started talking to his friend.

"You should not talk before securing the site. There could be other people in the car." I warned Rick.

My warning was only heard by him, seeing as I was meant to be the voice of reason in his head. He ignored my warning and continued talking to his friend about needing some bulletproof vest.

As I suspected, another man crawled out of the car and shot Rick in the back.

Now he was lying in a hospital bed, in a coma. I walked out of the room and roamed the halls.

"C'mon, Bella. You've gotta fight this." I heard a gruff voice say. "You can't leave me here. I can't handle Merle and my dad without you."

I looked into the room and saw a man sitting beside a girl's bed. The girl's body lay still in its coma. The only confirmation that she was even alive was the rising and falling of her chest. She was in an internal battle with herself, and she was slowing losing. I stayed hidden away from the man as I observed the scene. There was no way she was going to make it out of this, so I decided to make her the offer of being my vessel. I walked over to the girl. I entered into the girl's body and saw her sitting there, trapped in her own mind.

"Hello." I spoke to the girl.

She looked up at me, probably wondering how someone got into her head.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I am (y/n), an angel of the Lord." I spoke.

I saw something click in her.

"Am I... am I dying?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered sadly.

"I can't die! I have to stay here! I have to stay with Daryl! He's like family." She cried out.

"I have come here to make you an offer." I said.

She looked at me, telling me to continue.

"Since I am an angel, people are not able to see me in my purest form. In order to communicate with you humans, I need a vessel."

"A vessel? Is that where I come in?" She asked.

"Yes. If you allow me to enter in as your body, you will remain alive, but you will not be in control. You can hear and see everything, but you will not be any control any actions of your body. I will be in control. The only person that will be able to hear you, is me." I said.

"Will you look after Daryl?" She asked.

"It is my job to watch over humans." I said. "But I will be sure to pay extra attention to him."

She seemed to like my answer, so she agreed to be my vessel.

"I will wake you up for enough time to tell your friend what will happen. I do not think that he would like for me to take over without seeing you one last time. After I take over, we will still have to stay here so your body can fully heal itself. I will need to preserve most of my grace." I said.

She agreed, so I left her body and used my grace to heal her until she woke up. When she woke up, she told the man everything about the deal that she made. The male was upset that he would never see her again but was somewhat happy that she would live on.