Patriotic

July 4th

It's now a month later July 4th to be exact, and so much as happened. I found out more information on Mr. X. He has been using people to get what he wants. He is also having people steal things for him. I have yet to figure out why SHIELD wants him though. Now Grayer and I are being made to go to this company 4th party.

"This is itchy." Says Grayer in his look alike George Washington outfit.

I fixed Scarlett's red, white, and blue dress, "I know, petit homme." I tell him. little man (French)

"Hey what does that mean?" he asked me.

"Well it is French for little man. I was thinking I could call you that too; like another nickname. Is it okay?" I asked him.

"Yea, that's cool." He said smiling. "Now I have another question; why do we have to dress up?"

"Freedom, Grove. It's all in the name of freedom." I say.

We then get into the elevator, and head down to the car to get ready to leave. He was forced to sit in the back with his parents; while Scarlett was sat next to me in the front middle seat. I looked back to check on Grayer as we pulled away.

He looked so bored just sitting in between them I felt bad. I had no clue how to help him. I turned back around, and used the mirror in the visor to watch him. He started nudging at his parents to get their attention. Next thing I knew they both were on their phones, and ignoring him.

Scarlett then starts crying, grab the diaper bag to look for her pacifier, and Grayer sat forward trying to help calm her.

"Hey, petit homme, do you know where I put the paci?" I asked him. little man (French).

"It was on her changing table; last I saw it. You did get us both ready at the same time." He answers me smiling at his new nickname.

I groan and shake my head. I reach over to try, and calm her. I grabbed her blankie and gave it to her. In the back both parents tell me to shut her up.

Finally, Mr. X tells Mrs. X to make the driver go back home, so I can get her paci. As we pulled up outside the building, I have Grayer try to distract her. I ran inside in time to see the elevator close.

"Hold the elevator." I yell.

I see an arm stick out to stop it from closing. I ran up to it, and see Steve waiting for me to enter. He looks up at me, and starts chuckling. I slowly step inside, and push the button for my floor.

"I'm sorry." He says to me still laughing.

"It's ok, don't be, at least I'm not locked out of the room this time with two children." I say to him.

He nods his head, and looks down. He looks back up to say something to me which makes him laugh again.

"I'm so sorry. It's not funny. I don't mean to be laughing." He chuckles again, "You look very patriotic."

"Oh, yeah." I mumble.

*ding*

"Ok, well, I'm glad I could give you a good laugh." I told him and walked out of the elevator.

I made back out to the car; where a still crying baby was only being comforted by her brother. I jumped in, and started comforting her while giving her the paci. I looked up at Grayer, smiled at him, and told him thank you.

When we got to the party we were forced down stairs where all the kids, and other nannies were. I was holding Scarlett and dancing with her; while Grayer was standing beside us.