Nanny Seminars and Sickness

When we finally made our way back to our building, asked the door guy where Mrs. X usually kept her benefit things, and he told me to leave them there with him. I told him to tell her where they were when she came in. I then proceed to take the kids upstairs, and asked Grayer if he would like to hang out with Clint and Sebastian again.

"Yeah, I had a lot of fun with Sebastian, and Clint seemed really nice. Thank you for such a fun day, Nanny." He asked.

"Well good, I am glad. And I think Sebastian had as much fun as you did. And you're welcome, Grayer. Hopefully we can do it again sometime." I told him.

We got into the elevator, and I had Grayer changes his clothes while I changed Scarlett. When both kids were changed I started on a quick dinner. I then got things out to play with the kids in Grayer's room.

"Nanny!" Yelled Mrs. X.

I sat Scarlett on the ground near Grayer, and mumbled, "I'll be right back."

"I need you to get ready for the Nanny Conflict Resolution Seminar at the Parents' Society. I totally forgot it was this evening." She said as she walked by me.

When we got to the seminar; Grayer, Scarlett, and I were shoved into a little room with a bunch of other Nannies and kids. Grayer stood at attention in front of me; while I held Scarlett. He pulled on my other hand, so that I would bend down to him. I knelt down, and he wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry, Nanny. I wish we were home."

"Why are you sorry, petit homme?" I whispered into his ear. Little man

"You were supposed to hang out with Mr. Clint today, and we are stuck here." He answered me.

"It's okay, petit homme. I'm ok with being here if it means you are safe. Mr. Clint will understand. He told me earlier that he was glad he got to meet you, and he really cares about you and your sister. I had texted him on the way here to let him know that I wouldn't be able to make it to dinner. He just told me to look after you, and make sure you were ok." I told him. Little man

He nodded his head, and hugged me tighter. The door then opened, two ladies walked in, and asked us to go to the meeting with the mothers. I let go of Grayer, and went to put Scarlett down. She started fussing, but Grayer quickly swooped in and saved the day. He quietened her down, and distracted her. I walked out with the other nannies, and told Grayer, "Watch your sister. Her paci is in the diaper bag, so is her blankie and teddy bear. If she starts getting fussy just start sing her the song I sing. I'll be right back, I promise."

He smiled at me, "I can do it. It would be easier with Sebastian here, but I can do it."

"You're such a good big brother," I tell him, and kiss them both on the head and walked out the door.

"Just...just file against this wall. Just squeeze in." Said the lady in charge of the seminar. "Terrific. Now that we're all together, I think it's time to address the reason for this seminar: improving nanny-mom communication. To begin, I would like a mom volunteer to offer the group one particular example of failed communication with your nanny."

"Well, most of them barely speak English. That's the problem." One mother said.

"Okay, you." Said the lady pointing to another mom.

"My nanny keeps on singing religious songs to Parker even though I have told her time and time again that we're agnostic. There is also evidence on our nanny cam." Another mother said.

"Nanny cam? I thought that was an urban myth?" I asked one of the other nannies I had become acquaintance with.

"Okay. Next, I would like to hear from a nanny. Can I have volunteer? Anyone? Por favor? Come on, don't be shy. We won't bite. Okay, how about you, young lady?" She says pointing at me.