Stealing Cars & Playing Games

*half an hour later*

"So, where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" I asked him.

"Nazi, Germany." He answered, "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash."

I pulled my feet down, "Alright, I have a question for you, of which you do not have to answer." I said looking at him. "I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?" he asks hesitantly.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?"

"That bad, huh?"

"I didn't say that." I replied with a smirk.

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying." He says chuckling.

"Nobody special, though?"

"Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with a shared life experience."

"Well that's alright, you just make something up." I told him.

"What, like you?" he asked.

"I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I."

"That's a tough way to live."

"It's a good way not to die, though."

"You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is."

"Yeah. Who do you want me to be?" I asked him.

"How about a friend?"

I laughed, "Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers. No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you had."

"I don't need practice."

"Everybody needs practice."

He sighed, "It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five not dead."

"Oh, and who have you been kissing?" I asked.

"Okay, then what's going on with you and Barton? You have his insignia on a necklace; that you've worn quite a bit lately. What does that mean?"

"Touché, Rogers. I just hope it hasn't been with my daughter." I stated.

The truck jerks hard to the right; sending me into the door. We go off the road a bit before he finally corrects the steering. "What?!! Nat, she is just a little girl...I...I would never. I swear to you."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him, "I mean Alex. What's going on between you two?"

He sighed relieved, "I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing is going on between Alex and I. Also, since when is she your kid. I thought she was just a family friend that watches the kids sometimes."

"Yeah, okay, Rogers. You've been to my home multiple times. I know that the two of you stay up late and talk. I've also talked to her about it as well. Also, she is my daughter. I've all but adopted her. I trust her with my family, my home, my friends, and I've been there for her since she first joined the academy. She is one of my children in all, but blood and the name. Although if she wanted to she is more than welcome to change her name to mine." I told him.

We finally arrived at the location of the coordinates. "This is it?" I asked looking around after climbing out of the truck. I looked down at my phone trying to pinpoint the building the drive specifically came from. "The file came from these coordinates."