Chapter -10

Authors notes:

Thanks for all your votes. I will be posting every weekend henceforth. Hope you like this chapter. Please give and comment.

Ethan's POV

I look at my watch and feel annoyed with myself. I should have been at the airport half an hour ago. But the last-minute call from my cousin Health delayed my plans and now Amy is waiting in the private runaway. I tell myself that I am paying her for her time so it doesn't matter, but I feel like a jerk. After the meeting with Amy last week, I couldn't stop thinking about her. It's not like I never thought about her in the past three years. She has been in my mind ever since I first met her. And even after she betrayed me I can't stop it. Every time I wake up, I unconsciously reach for her in my bed. Once I don't find her I remember what had happened between us and then I get mad at myself for not able to forget her even after all the one-night stance and partying. I get furious with her for doing this to me. And my whole day gets worse. I have become this angry man who hates anything and everything. I hate Amy for changing me. I was a happy go lucky guy and now I am like the Hulk, green with anger all the time.

As we approach the runway I see Amy standing with James and laughing at something he says. They look so comfortable with each other and I can't comprehend what the hell is going? When have they become friends? What is James doing here anyway? He was supposed to be on the island yesterday to overlook the security arrangements. I step out of the car as soon as it stops and I stomp over to them. I was so blinded by anger that I didn't notice Amy. God, she looks beautiful. The woman can steal my breath away every time I look at her. She is wearing a blue spaghetti style dress which looks absolutely gorgeous on her snow-white skin and makes her light blue eyes look even more magnetic. It takes everything in me to not forget her betrayal.

Amy gives a nervous smile and says hello and James gives his usual nod. I am so mad at myself for being jealous of them and for wanting to kiss her, that I ignore them both and board the private plane. My family has been flying out to the island for the past week. I am probably the last one since I didn't want to have Amy for a longer time. The private plane has only 8 seats and I take the right side one on the first row. Amy takes the left one on the second row and James takes the left on opposite to her. It annoys me that he is sticking to her like glue. I make myself busy with work but I can hear them chatting which only angers me more. James is taking to Amy like they are old friends.

"Have you been looking at the brochures I gave you yesterday?", James asks Amy

"No, I was busy packing. I brought them along I will check when I have time. Thank you for getting them"

"It's okay. If you need any more information, let me know."

"Sure, James"

As soon as hear James's name cross Amy's lips rage like I never felt before takes over me. I shut my laptop with such a force, it scares Amy and she jumps in her seat. I turn around and lash out,

"James is your next prey. Huh, Amy? Found another fool to wrap around your finger. Have you?". I turn to James who looks pissed. "James, let me give you can piece of advice. The woman might look all beautiful and innocent but she is as vicious as a snake. Thank God, we had a prenup otherwise she might have cleaned my bank account by now."

"As much as I respect you, Ethan, I am in no need for your advice. If Navy has taught me anything, it's the good instincts and my instincts say Amy is a wonderful woman"

"Did that wonderful woman say she is getting paid 50 thousand dollars for a week to be there?"

"I know she is here for the money. And also know it's for a good cause. Not everyone has millions at their disposable. Some have to break their back to earn them".