10. the magic

i can shut them down, tell them all they're crazy
i can do whatever you want me to do, baby

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15th

JOHN PULLED INTO THE DUNKIN DONUTS drive through and ordered mackenzie a coffee and a donut. anything would be better than nothing. she happily sipped her drink and bit into her donut.

"you know what, you are a good boy, johnny orlando. you are like the best. no boy has ever been this good and we aren't even dating. i can't wait to find out how good you are at kissing next," mackenzie giggled to john, while he payed.

he shook his head and chuckled at mackenzies drunken state, "eat your donut," he teased her.

"i'm serious! when i heard we were dating i was so confused! people thought i could date you?"

"why wouldn't you be able to date me?" he asked, confused at the remark.

"because you're you! you're cutie patootie johnny orlando. i am loser lamo mackenzie."

"you are not a loser or a lamo," he sighed.

she took another bite, "tonight proved that! look at me, i look ridiculous."

"you were embarrassed. joeys a dick," he assured her.

"i know he is. but you know who's not? you. you aren't a dick. you wouldn't leave like my dad did. you're the only boy i can actually trust. not my dad, not anybody. you're so perfect. and nice. and ho-" she stopped herself and giggled.

"alcohol makes you chatty, apparently," he mocked her.

"it might be because i'm so comfortable with you. i know we're only 'fake-dating' but sometimes i pretend that we're not," she sung.

the words were like music to johns ears. 'i pretend we're not' just kept repeating in his ears, again and again and again.

"you're not sober."

"i don't have to be," she shot back.

"you're mom is going to kill me."

she didn't respond.

"drink more coffee," he told her.

she downed the coffee in the next five minutes, and after an hour of driving around town and eating more and more food, she was pretty much sober.

he pulled in front of her house and she swung the door wide open.

"sleep a lot tonight, tomorrow i'll bring you a gatorade, but make sure you take aspirin as soon as you wake up."

"thank you, for everything. i'm not quite sure what you did, and i'm still feeling AaaUuAh if you know what i mean, but still better than earlier"

"it's called magic, aka black coffee. goodnight mackenzie," he laughed at her impression of how she was feeling.

she looked at the green eyed boy for a few more moments. taking in his face, so she had something to dream of in a little bit.

"goodnight," she finally said and walked to her front door.

WHORELANDHOE

carsonidkhow2spellhisname and 18 others liked thiswhorelandhoe i um wowhaydensum king no cap

whorelandhoe i um wow
haydensum king no cap

wise words of abby
the shit i write gives me so many false expectations no hat
VOTE AND COMMENT