Pent Up Feelings

Y/N PERSPECTIVE 

You watch as Jaune lands flat on his ass

Cardin: "Come on, just give up Jaune." 

Jaune: "Over my dead body." Cardin grins and raises his mace.

???: "That's enough." You look over to the voice, to see its Professor Glynda.

Cardin lowers his mace, and Jaune looks at the Professor, confused.

Prof Glynda: "As you can see, Mr. Arc's aura is in the red. At this point, the duel would be called over. This is crucial to knowing when to switc strategies in the battlefield. Keep that in mind. Class is dismissed."  Jaune looks at his scroll with an ashamed look.

You get up and pack up you stuff, before walking over to Jaune. 

Y/N: "You good?" He looks up at you and puts his weapons away.

Jaune: "Oh, uh, yeah. I'm fine." You raise an eyebrow. "Really, I'm fine."

Y/N: "Alright, but if you need to talk, I've got your back." You fist bump, before walking out of the class, bumping into another student.

???: "O-Oh, I'm sorry! I should've watched where I was going!"

You got up and brushed your pants off.

Y/N: "No, it's okay. I should've been more mindful." You look at the girl and realize she has bunny ears. "Oh, you're a Faunus."

She looks away, and you realized you worded it like an asshole.

Y/N: "I didn't mean it like that! I've just never seen a Faunus before!" You said, trying to clear up the misunderstanding. You helped her up. "What's your name?"

The girl looked away, a little shy.

Velvet: "My name is Velvet." You smiled. 

Y/N: "My name is Y/N. Nice to meet you." She looked at you and smiled.

Velvet: "Likewise, Y/N." It's quiet for a bit, before the two of you snort and giggle at how quiet it was.

Y/N: "Well, I have to get going. If you need to talk to anyone, you can always talk to me!" You ran off, knowing you were going to get lectured by Weiss if you weren't punctual, and you were hoping you could spare your ears.

3RD POV PERSPECTIVE

After a bit of running, you made it to the lunchroom and got some food. You sat down next to Ruby who was wearing shades.

Ruby: "Did you bring the stuff?" You rolled your eyes and dug in your backpack to find a bag of cookies, which you handed to her. She took them and opened the bag, looking satisfied. She handed you your scroll, which apparently everyone could somehow get their hands on.

Yang: "Why does Ruby have your scroll, Y/N?" She asked, looking at you suspiciously.

Y/N: "I dunno. She's in my room pretty often, so it was probably easy to take." Yang raised an eyebrow and smirked, which Ruby noticed and started sweating.

Yang: "But it's your scroll. Wouldn't you have like.. 'Pictures' in there?" She said, opting to poke at you instead of Ruby. Phyrra and Weiss seemed interested in your conversation.

Y/N: "Hmm. I dunno what you're talking about." You said, smirking. Yang groaned, disappointed, knowing Ruby was present.

You looked over at Jaune, who was poking his food.

Y/N: "Hey, you okay Jaune?" Jaune looked up.

Jaune: "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm good."

Phyrra: "Well, you've been kind of down lately. I'm willing to bet it's Cardin's fault." Jaune started sweating a bit.