Trying to Avoid Catastrophe

Y/N PERSPECTIVE 

You were sitting by yourself when someone walked up to you. 

???: "Hey! You're Y/N, right?" You looked over, to see a guy with black, messy hair with green highlights, green eyes, and a friendly smirk plastered on his face. 

Y/N: "Yeah.. that would be me." After you had beaten up Cardin with just a coin, people had been dropping by to say hi a lot. You ate lunch by yourself now so you wouldn't annoy your friends. 

???: "I'm Issac. I was curious about your semblance, so I was wondering if we could have a fight?" He grinned, which you chuckled and finished your food. 

Y/N: "Sure. I know where we can go." 

[TimeskipTM brought to you by my lazy ass] 

You and Issac stood in a field, where you grabbed your sword, making it unfold. Issac rolled up his sleeve to reveal a brace on his arm. He pushed the button in the middle, making it turn into a shield. 

Y/N: "Alright, ready?" You gripped your sword as Issac grinned. 

Issac: "Whenever you're ready, Y/N." You grinned and charged, which he responded by charging back. 

As you met in the middle, you swung your sword down at him, which he blocked. You grinned, as you repeatedly swung at him, testing his ability to block. He smirked at you before you you started swinging faster, making him resort to trying to just block his body. You kicked his legs out from him once his focus was on defending his torso, but he caught himself as he fell and kicked your blade away as you tried to swing it at him. He landed on his feet and looked at you, grinning. Before you could compliment him, the two of you heard a shrill shriek, and looked at the sky. 

Y/N: "Damn, it's a Nevermore!" Issac looks at you, wide eyed. 

Issac: "What's it doing here!?"

Y/N: "I don't know. We should get back and re--"

 Before you could finish your sentence, the Nevermore launched it's feathers at the two of you. Issac blocked the feathers with his shield, but you weren't so lucky. You felt a blood run down your torso. Issac looked at you with a face of pure horror. 

Y/N: "Sneaky bastard." You fell over as your vision faded. 

ISSAC PERSPECTIVE

Issac looked at the body of the kid he had just fought with seconds ago. 

Issac: "What the hell...?"

He shook off his shock and ran to you, ripping the feather out of your body and looking at the Nevermore. He blocked the feathers again, thinking about what he should do.

Y/N PERSPECTIVE

You groaned and sat up, annoyed. 

Y/N: "Fucking bird.." You stood up, looking at the sizable hole in your chest. Issac stared at you with a mix of horror, relief, and confusion. 

Issac: "W-What... are you?" You smirked. 

Y/N: "I'm a fucking zombie." 

Issac: "S-Seriously, Y/N, how are you alive right now!? I saw you die!" 

Y/N: 'I just told you...'  "I'll explain later, but right now, let's deal with this freak." You grabbed your sword and switched it into a rifle. "Think you can cover me?" Issac smirked. 

Issac: "Why do you think I have a shield?"

He blocked the incoming feathers and moved out of the way as you shot multiple high velocity dust rounds at the bird. They hit the Nevermore, which sqwaked at you as if to say: 'Yo, what the fuck?' You kept switched mags and readjusted yourself so the force wouldnt blow up your frail zombie chest. You took out your lucky coin and flipped it, caught it, and shot once more at the Grimm again, a shockwave erupting from the rifle as the bullet tore through the air, blowing a huge hole into the Grimm's head. You grinned and stood up while Issac looked up, dumbfounded. 

Issac: "H-How did you hit it so perfectly?" You held up your coin, which he grinned at. You both looked up at the huge bird to realize it was falling towards you. 

Y/N: "Oh shit." You both dived out of the way as the bird crashed.

Issac: "Are you okay? Are you... more hurt?" You chuckled at his attempt to check on you.

Y/N: "Yeah I'm good. We should get to class, I'm pretty sure we're late." Issac looked at the huge hole in your abdomen. 

Issac: "You should uh.. probably get changed first." He motioned towards the huge hole in your chest.

Y/N: "Good idea." 

[Vashen: Sorry if this chapter is shorter than the others, I just finished it up, and it's early morning. I'll try to keep cranking out these chapters, so hopefully I'll have a longer one tomorrow]