A Festival of Surprises

3RD POV PERSPECTIVE

Everyone left to deal with Nora after fixing the room. You walked out of the room, ready to sleep for the rest of the day, until Blake stopped you.

Blake: "How were you able to tell so fast, Y/N?" You turned around to look at her.

Y/N: "It was kinda obvious really. Ruby can eat quite a bit, but not the whole fridge." She smiled and nodded.

Blake: "Yeah. You reminded me of someone from a manga I read." You smirked.

Y/N: "Detective Conan?" She looked a bit shocked you guessed, but smiled.

Blake: "Yeah. I never would've taken you for a reader, Y/N." You shrug. 

Y/N: "I don't read all of the time, but if it was with you, anyone would want to read." Blake blushed at your comment.

Blake: "I-In that case, maybe we can read sometime." You gave her a grin.

Y/N: "Sure." You walked off as Blake put her hand over her chest. 

Blake: 'Why am I so nervous?'

[TimeskipTM brought to you by Dinosaur Office!]

Y/N PERSPECTIVE 

You walked around the city with Team RWBY, watching the preparations for the Vytal Festival take place. Weiss seemed excited. 

Y/N: "I've never seen you smile this much, Weiss. It suits you." She slightly turned red at the sudden compliment, but it quickly faded. 

Weiss: "How could you not smile? There's a festival coming up, and it'll have dances, games, music, and a tournament! Oh, the planning and organization that goes into events like these are simply breathtaking!" She twirled and continued forward, you and the rest of Team RWBY in tow. 

Y/N: 'Oh. She's admiring the person who planned this. That explains a lot.' 

Yang: "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring." Weiss shot her a glare.

Weiss: "Quiet, you." You giggled a bit.

You eventually reached a spot overlooking the docks, where you all stopped.

Yang: "Remind me again why were visiting the docks on a Friday afternoon?" Ruby pinched her nose.

Ruby: "Eugh, it smells like fish." You chuckled.

Y/N: "Well, it is a dock. They probably drop fish off here." Ruby goes a bit red in embarrassment.

Weiss: "Well, I heard a few students from Vacuo are coming by ship, and as a good student of Beacon, it's my responsibility to welcome them to this kingdom." We all started walking down towards the dock.

Y/N: "Are you sure you don't just want to spy on them so you have the upper hand in the tournament?" 

Blake: "That's probably what it is." You grinned. 

Ruby: "Whoa.."

 You all stopped to see what she was gawking at, noticing the robbed Dust shop. You all walked to it, curious.

Ruby: "What happened here..?" A detective on the scene looked up.

Detective 1: "Robbery. Second dust shop hit this week." He walked off to join his partner.

Yang: "That's terrible.." You and Ruby looked over at the crime scene, overhearing the conversation the two detectives were having.

Detective 1: "The money's all there. Hmmm.. This just doesn't make a lick o' sense. Who needs that much Dust?" The second Detective crossed his arms.