Chapter 40

"Hi Lyla..."

Lilac responds to the name and jumps at her, hugging her tightly. Wolfie soon followed, wrapping her arms around the two. Moonstone smiled happily as the air was squeezed out of her (not that she needed it)

Red Pearl tilted Moonstone's head up, looking at her gem. "How is this possible? Steven, did you...?"

I nod and smile at her, "I fixed it at mom's fountain."

She smiles at me and hugs moonstone. Jade and the tall peridot hugged her tightly aswell.

Wolfie let's go and hugs me, "Thank you, Steven..I can't thank you enough.."

I smile at her and hug her back, liking the warm feeling. Wolfie didn't hug people often. Usually she would only hug Peridot. It was a nice change that I cousin complain about. She gives good hugs after all.

I chuckle at my own thoughts. Jasper who had stayed with us to be reformed looked at the scene in front of her curiously. Amethyst was sat on the table next to her explaining that they were probably just old friends.

Moonstone is sat down and was talking with Wolfie's gems until she looked up at garnet and gasped, pushing her friends away. "P-Permafusion!"

Garnet sighs, expecting her to have the same views as everyone else on homeworld did. She was pleasantly surprised when Moonstone began to compliment her form and asked about her story. Garnet explained it to her happily, getting along with the new gem well.

Peridot rose an eyebrow, "It's strange that she reacted to Garnet that way...Most gems are made to hate permafusion.."

Wolfie giggles, "But this is Moonstone we're talking about, she's a very special case."

Peridot shrugs and sits down. I smile brightly and feel my gem warm up slightly. I panick, realising Mom was exiting the gem. "I gotta uhh..." I look around and see my closest escape is the warp, "Go get my ukulele! I uh..left it at the fountain!" I run to the warp and sigh in relief when I get there. Mom comes out and smiles at me, "Did you see how hapy she was steven?"

I pant slightly from the adrenaline, "I didn't get to see it for long but yeah, Wolfie seemed happy."

She smiles and lies on a bed of flowers, sighing contently before frowning. "Do you think if I...came back she'd forgive me?"

"I don't know...she's real mad at you. She did almost kill me...well she wanted to kill you but still."

"Yeah, sorry about that.."

Mom laughs lightly and sits up, "I just want to talk to her. To say I'm sorry...I want to talk to them all steven."

"It's your choice but...they just healed. It took them so long and now they finally have a hold on themselves. They feel better now..."

"Why would it be so bad if I came back?"

"It would reverse so much healing..."

She nods and sighs, standing up. "I wonder what yellow, blue and white would do If they saw me..."

"Probably squish you to death with hugs, trust me."

She laughs and walks to the fountain, looking at the statue of her second form. She sighs, "I'm so happy I had you steven.."

"You don't sound too happy."

"I just...I wish I could've been there for you! for greg! for them!"

"That's all in the past. What matters is now and what choice you make. You have to be careful, you never know when someone could overrea-"

"PINK!"