Chapter 48

The whole group of gems exit the house, looking up at the injector that loomed over them. Spinel gasps, "That thing sure is big! You wanna climb it or something?"

"Climbing it would be to dangerous for my diamond, I shall climb it for you!" Wolfie smiles

"It's just for fun! You shouldn't be so protective of him Ruby! Let him have some fun!" Spinel pokes Wolfie's chest as she talks. Wolfie pushes her hand away, "I cannot simply stop being protective. It is my job!" She huffs. The two seemed to butt heads a bit.

Steven pushes them apart, "Okay okay, stop it. Spinel you really don't remember this?"

"Hmm..nope!" She smiles. Steven sighs, "Everyone, follow me. We need to go see bismuth."

Ruby puts an arm in front of sapphire, "We aren't going anywhere." She growls. Sapphire shakes her head, "I do see us going with them." She walks foward. Ruby pauses, "We're going with you!" She runs after sapphire.

Steven sighs, "Dad, can you watch pearl and amethyst?" Greg nods. The two were distracted anyways since amethyst was shape-shifting.

Spinel links her arm around Steven's and giggles happily. Wolfie goes to Steven's side, "After you, my diamond." She smiles. Steven sighs and walks foward, toward little homeworld.

Soon, the group arrived, showing them the rejuvinator. Peridot hums, "What is this thing?" She places it to her eye. Bismuth grabs it quickly, "Be careful! It's an rejuvinator.." she presses the button on the side, showing the staff in its full form.

Peridot gasps, "I could've lost all my character development!" She sighs in relief, "Wolfie have you ever seen one of these before? Any idea how to reverse them?" Peridot looks over.

Wolfie stayed behind Steven, looking at him. "Uhh, Wolfie?" Peridot walks over toward her, "Keep your distance! My diamond needs his space."

Peridot pauses, "Wolfie was reset too?! That makes so much more sense. She's back to thinking she's a ruby!"

Lapis puts a hand on her hip, tilting her head, "Thinking she's a ruby? Why would she think that?"

"She was made in a ruby kindergarten. So for awhile, no one even knew about her being a diamond." Peridot explains. Wolfie looks at the three gems and puts a hand on Steven's shoulder, "Would you like me to take care of them?"

"What?! Wolfie no, please stop offering that." Steven pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration, trying to think. "How are we gonna make everyone remember? Am I gonna have to go to the diamonds?" His voice drops at the mention of the diamonds, he didn't wanna visit.

Lapis shakes her head, "No..you're the diamond with healing powers. If anyone can do it, it's you." Spinel giggles, "Maybe they're like a puzzle! You gotta give em all the pieces to put em together!"

Steven looks to spinel, "That's..a really good idea." He smiles. Spinel giggles and nods. Wolfie looks down, staying silent since she hadn't helped. She was dissapointed she hadn't.

Peridot hums to herself, "Well, let's start with garnet! What was the story..Ruby saved sapphire and then sapphire saved ruby right? So we need them to get into a dangerous situation and then hope one saves the other!"

Steven nods, "That's the plan."

Spinel skips around the area, finding a big saw and picking it up, "ooo! Look how it shines!" She giggles. Wolfie walks over, "Spinel I wouldn't-"

Spinel presses the button, taking off with the saw. Wolfie yelps, "Spinel this is dangerous!! What if my diamond gets hurt?!" She chases her. Spinel simply screams in response. It wasn't out of fear, just shock. Steven gasps and runs in, catching spinel. Not the saw though. It kept going.

Up the tower and sideways toward the anvil. The saw cuts the wire and the anvil falls, making Steven put up a shield around ruby. Sapphire yells, "I told you that you wouldn't last the day!" Her voice sounds distraught. She didn't know what to do.

Ruby looks down before smiling, "Well...at least I go to meet you!" She says as the shield disappears. Sapphire leaps foward, knocking her out from under the anvil, fusing in the process. Wolfie goes in front of Steven, "Stay back, they could be hos-" Steven pushes past her, going to them, "Garnet!"

"..hostile." Wolfie sighs and frowns, walking toward to follow him. Garnet backs away, afraid. "Do I- Do I know you?"

Steven's smile drops straight away. Bismuth puts a hand on his shoulder, which wolfie quickly pushes off, "Distance."

Bismuth sighs, "Looks like Garnet still needs something else. I think we need to focus on Wolfie a bit if she's gonna keep being so protective toward you. It'll be a problem. And I think we have a gem that knows her well enough." Bismuth smiles and looks back at peridot, "I'm perfect for every job, but especially this one." Peridot smiles proudly.

Greg's van pulls up. Pearl come out, laying out a red carpet, only for Greg to run out of the van to Steven, "I lost amethyst!"

Bismuth chuckles, " Steven, you go take care of amethyst. We can watch Garnet and we'll try help Wolfie."

Steven nods and goes to walk away with spinel linked to his arm. Wolfie walks after him, "Wolfie no. Stay here. I don't need any assistance right now." He puts a hand on her shoulder. Wolfie looks to spinel and then looks to Steven, "My diamond you-"

"Go back to Bismuth, Lapis and Peridot. Don't follow me." He pats her shoulder before walking off. Wolfie looks down, frowning shakily before walking back to the group of gems. Peridot runs at her, hugging her tightly, "REMEMBER MY HUGS!"