Chapter Nine

August says: I need lawyersAugust says: And a PR teamTavia says: WHAT HAVE YOU DONELibby says: ducking knew it he just pretends 2b perfectLibby says: *fuckingTavia says: AUGUST YOU TRAITORTavia says: YOURE SUPPOSED OT BE THE GOOD CHILDTavius says:...

August says: And a PR team
Tavia says: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Libby says: ducking knew it he just pretends 2b perfect
Libby says: *fucking
Tavia says: AUGUST YOU TRAITOR
Tavia says: YOURE SUPPOSED OT BE THE GOOD CHILD
Tavius says: on it
Tavia says: WHAT DID YOU DO
Tavius says: Tavi One, your capslock is still on.
Tavia says: IM DSITRESSED OF COURSE ITS ON
Tavius says: ?
Libby says: oh shitz
Tavius says: ??
Tavia says: !!!
Libby says: u hae the vampire dontu
Tavia says: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tavia says: IM DSITRESSED OF COURSE ITS ONTavius says: ?Libby says: oh shitzTavius says: ??Tavia says: !!!Libby says: u hae the vampire dontuTavia says: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had good intentions at the start, he told himself. Over and over again. He also told as much to Daniel, in a short email. Just to cover his bases. That Daniel had yet to respond was not something Breeze would dwell on.

Much.

This wasn't the wisest course of action, and he tried very, very hard to be wise. To not bring shame to his mother or the Autumn fairies. The way Redbud Breeze talked, one would think that the fairy reputation was always under threat, a single misstep capable of toppling decades of careful image planning. And most of the time, Breeze subscribed to that line of thinking.

He spent half the trip trying to make excuses on why he'd taken Yasuko to New Mexico instead of the Cage. The other half, on justifying to himself. Whatever logic he came up with, he wasn't the sort of person who backtracked once he'd made a decision; he followed it through. If he was heading to New Mexico, then he was going to New Mexico, to Hell with the consequences.