[4] Him and Them

Trisha

Maybe it's not because I am special, maybe it's just because I'm unfortunate. Like maybe if I only have the elemental powers like Trey do then I would still be in my room hogging on the bed all day, enjoying my summer. But no, I have to be here, invisible. Sitting in the back of the class, alone.

Alone is such a powerful word, don't you think? Because the word alone is actually a feeling. The feeling of emptiness and the bitterness in your heart. I mean, you could stand in a very crowded room and still think you're alone.

Okay, so let's summed up the things that I have pointed out above, unfortunate and loneliness. It will probably mean that I don't have a mate. Mate. I've been yearning to find him since the age of 16. I really hate how this is working out for me.

The sound of the school bell pull me into a jolt as I gathered up my things for lunch breaks. Thank God. I don't think I could handle anymore of Mrs. Jensen's lectures. Saved by the bell. Everyone started to get out of the class quickly and headed out for their lockers. I went to mine and put my books away. I grab my wallet out of my bag and went to the cafeteria. Alone, of course. When I went in to say I was shocked would be an understatement. There was only one cashier and the whole student body is there. Sheesh, would it kill you people to buy another cashier machine? Since I was hungry and my stomach was starting to made an appearance I decided that it was best for me to just suck it up and braced myself to Never Ending Super Annoying and Irritating Line of Doom. I huft annoyed as I walked towards the end of the line.

After about 5 minutes of waiting I got bored and my body went to autopilot. I'm not even close to the front line. I looked around the cafeteria, seems like an ordinary stereotypical high school filled with snotty teenagers. The jocks, the nerds, the gamers, the hipsters, the readers, the watchers, the fans, the clique and of course the awesome cool but nice people. I used to be one of them. I shook the thought off and continued attending the line. This is taking forever. After a couple of minutes it's finally my turn. I ordered my food quickly not wanting to let the people behind me wait and quickly walk away from that stupid line.

As I walk to the nearest empty table I smelt the most delicious scent ever. It smells like the sea air and pine. All in all it was so mouthwatering it should really be illegal.

I felt my wolf stirring and yipping in joy.

'Dayla, what's going on?' I asked my wolf, Dayla.

'Mate! Our mate is here!' What?

No, this cannot be happening! I cannot meet my mate now! Not today! My mate can't even see me for real! What did I do to deserve this? I'm a good person!

Okay, calm down! When he sees me he won't do all 'mine' on me since he will think I'm human and such. But how do I even know for sure that he is actually a supernatural!? My life. Fudge it.

I keep on motivating myself that I don't realize that I've crushed into a brick wall. I was prepared to feel the pain of my butt attacking the floor but it never came. Somebody caught me before I fell. And the second my body touches the hands my body felt like it was on fire. I dropped my food to the floor and I cannot focus on anything anymore.

When I look up to eyes of the person who caught me I was greeted by an amazing color of dark brown eyes staring down into me. If you look close to his eyes you could see a tint of hazel in them. I could just get lost in them all day. It's captivating and stunning. His eyes are fierce, calculating and roaming around my face as if it is the most interesting thing in the world.

I realized the position we were in and looked away. Be strong Trisha. Be brave.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't even looking. I was thinking so hard and oh my gosh I am really sorry I'm such a clumsy person" I apologized again and again.