[18] Begin Again

Trisha(Fay)

Days went by quickly and suddenly I've found myself packing up to go back 'home'.

After these past couple of months, I'm pretty sure that this is home. Scratch that, Asher is home.

I told him lies that no mate could ever say to her mate and yet, here I am, living life with it.

I had to lie to him, if not then there would be consequences. I cannot let Asher be the center of the rogues' target because of me. What if they decided to kill someone from his pack, instead of mine? That would crush me completely. I'm used to this, my whole life had been a series of lies and hiding. Searching for a grasp of reality. But Asher doesn't deserve this. It's my fight, not his.

After awhile I can't take the pain of packing my stuffs so I let magic did it for me. I couldn't care less. I casted a spell and then I'm all done with the packing.

Tears made their way to my eyes. I refused to shed them, but a couple of stray tears rolled down my cheeks and soon enough, I was bawling my eyes out. Why did I agree to this? I should've put up a fight, I should've known that this would be a disaster. A tragedy just waiting to happen. Look at where it had brought me now. Misery, pain. I hate this. I wish I was really a human.

A sobbed made its way to my throat. I can't take this anymore. I screamed so hard that I'm pretty sure Asher could hear it in his house next door. Trey came barging into my room and when he saw my condition he quickly pulled me in his arms, rocking me back and forth and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. And just like that, I fell asleep in his arms.

*****

I woke up on my bed at 7 o'clock in the morning the next day. My flight was supposed to took off at 11. I had 4 hours until it took off.

I took a nice long hot shower, enjoying my last hours in the house. Besides, what more could I do? I changed into a pair of peach skaters skirt and a semi-tight black top and a pair of burgundy knee-high socks. To top it all up, I wore a pair of brown mid-calves combat boots and a dark denim jacket.

Screw being invisible, I hadn't done that for months now anyway. I packed my handbag with all my airplane essentials and descended the stairs with my suitcase also. Wouldn't want to be so dependent with the maids here.

The dining room was crowded with the family. I greeted them a 'good morning' and they smiled at me, I gladly returned the smile.

I ate a plate of Indonesian fried rice which was the definition of perfect and bid them all my goodbyes.

When we were just done eating, the doorbell rang and I stood up to get it.

Asher was there smiling at me.

"Hey beautiful, thought that I could drop by here before you leave," he said. There were a hint of sadness in his voice, but I chose to ignore it.

He kissed my temple when I jumped into his arms. It's probably the last time I could feel his body wrapped around mine in a tight embrace.

"So, um, can I drive you to the airport?" He asked.

"Of course you can, I just need to ask my dad and Jace about this first," I said.

"Don't worry sis, we'll meet you there," Trey said, motioning for me to go.

I went up to my adoptive family and kissed their cheeks one by one. When I reached to Dean I went up to his ear and whispered, "Thank you for everything."

He hugged me and whispered me back,"It is a pleasure to know you, Princess. Tell your Dad that he's lucky to have a daughter like you."

He pulled away and smiled at me. I smiled back and wipe out all the tears that were threatening to fall out. I reached for Asher's hand and we walked to the car.