[30] For Worse or For Better

Trisha's POV
F I V E  Y E A R S  L A T E R

Forever is such a strong commitment. Like how long is forever? I guess for us, forever is just how long is our chance to live in this world. But it doesn't make it certain too, does it? How long will we live? Will we live until tomorrow or the next hour? Or we will grow old and frail and die of a natural death? Or will we die in the next 2 years? You'll never know. You just got to live it. Maybe that's also why I'm standing in front of a long full-length mirror at the beach house looking at myself.

I have everything ready. I have something old, something new, something borrowed, and of course, something blue for the sake of it. You guessed it today was our wedding day, finally.  Xavier and I took our time on getting married because we thought what we had was enough. We've been dating for like the longest time and we've finally decided to seal the deal. Of course in matings marriage isn't necessary but I think it would be best if we got married and make it official. I mean, my parents got married and Trey, too, last year. So now it's my turn.

Xavier proposed to me about a year ago, right as the clock strikes 12 midnight on the first of January this year, and the great thing is, I'm getting married on the first of January of the next year, we thought it would be good, making the day of our marriage on the day of the start of a new year.

[FLASHBACK TO A YEAR AGO]

"Xav, where are we going?"

"I told you, baby, it's a surprise. Now just keep walking with your eyes closed."

"It doesn't even matter if my eyes are closed or not, you're covering them anyways."

"You know what I mean, but anyways it's about 3 minutes before the clock strikes midnight and you can open your eyes now."

He took me to the beach! Our beach. The one where we fixed things between us again and made up. He even put up picnic blankets and twinkling lights.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it. I turned around and pecked a chaste kiss on his lips."

"I'm glad because it wasn't easy to do this."

"Hey princess,"

"Yeah?"

I turned back around to him and found him on his knees with a ring on his hand. My hands flew to my mouth. He's PROPOSING?

"Okay, Trisha, so at first, our relationship hasn't been easy but we worked through it and look at us now. Since then there was a bit of a bumpy ride and all those things actually made me realize on how I want to do all of those things with you forever. I want to be there for you for worse or for better, I want to take care of you while you're sick, I want you to be with me every day for the rest of our lives to. But overall, I really really really want you to be my wife. So what do you say Trisha Reynolds? Will you marry me?

I couldn't find the words to speak so I just nodded my head vigorously. Tears were brimming in my eyes. I couldn't believe it. And right as the clock strikes twelve marking the new year, Xavier put the ring on my hand and kissed me passionately.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

And that my friend, is how a year later, I am standing in front of a full-length mirror on my wedding day, with a dress that exceeded beyond my expectations. I'm all dressed up and ready to hit the altar with my dad. The girls, of course were my bridesmaids with Allison as my Maid of honor. The other girls were okay with it, you know, we're cool. Gosh, I can't believe I'm actually actually getting married!