✧・゚: * Five: Scar Worship ✧・゚:*

[A/N I am very anxious to publish this as my darling friend FerociousLion840 is a ballet dancer himself, but I hope you like it! I tried to think of other ideas for this prompt but I got nothing, so...]

Vanjie wants to surprise Brooke Lynn by attending her ballet performance in full drag. She wants to dress up for the beautiful principal ballerina of the two-act , knowing it will put a smile on her face.

Convinced by this plan, Vanjie went on to wear a ballet top and a tutu. During the acts, some members of the audience gave her questioning looks while others made fun of her. Still, none of these mattered to Vanjie as most of them were oblivious to the fact that she, indeed, was the most important person to Brooke Lynn among the crowd.

The performance ended smoothly, the the troupe earning a standing ovation from the whole audience. Vanjie has never felt more proud, and she made sure the loudest applause came from her. As soon as Brooke Lynn looked up from the stage, their eyes met and a big smile immediately graced Brooke's face.

Following the show, Vanjie made her way backstage to find Brooke Lynn. Being the klutz that she is, she got lost. Vanjie entered almost every dressing room before finding the one that belonged to Brooke Lynn.

"Brooke! You were ama-"

Vanjie opened the door, but she wasn't prepared for the sight in front of her. There was Brooke, sitting on the couch, having just taken off her pointe shoes. Her expression made it clear that she was in pain, and Vanjie was not prepared for it at all.

Rushing to her rescue, Vanjie slams the door shut behind her. She runs to Brooke Lynn and gives her the biggest hug.

"Brooke, you did so great tonight!"

"And I'm glad you could come. You look so damn great, I had a hard time focusing earlier. You should really give me a heads up next time," Brooke Lynn answers before pulling away.

"Can I do anything for you?" Vanjie caresses the sole of Brooke Lynn's right foot, gently massaging it with her thumb. She earns a soft groan from the ballerina, who doesn't ask her to stop anyway.

"It's fine, really. I've gotten used to it by now," Brooke laughs, which only makes Vanjie fall head over heels harder for her. How could somebody be so strong and so fragile at the same time?

"These feet... they are beautiful. Don't ever let anyone think otherwise."

"Papi, I know I am beautiful... but these are arguably the ugliest looking feet in the establishment right now."

"Why would you say that? These tiny bruises serve as memoirs of  the countless of times you fell in the past, but still chose to get back up. The veins protruding on both sides of your feet, they represent the number of years you've been pursuing your passion. And your toes... they only show how hard you've worked for every performance. They're scarred, and but that's what makes them special."

Vanjie finished her small speech, but she receives no reply. Instead, she's swept into Brooke's arms as tears fall down the ballerina's face.

"I never thought you had it in you to be this poetic," Brooke tries to let out a small laugh, but her emotions get in the way.

"I can when I need to be. Most often than not, we need to be appreciated, not for the things we love about ourselves, but for the things we tend to overlook."

"Oh, you-...!" Brooke pulls away from Vanjie, giving the other one a good look. "Are you sure this is the Vanjie I know and not Shakespeare?!"

"Bitch, I don't give two cents about your S-Shakes...shakesqueer! Or something! I was just trying to be supportive for a second!"

"There you go." Brooke chuckles loudly at Vanjie's remark.

Although it wasn't entirely a compliment, Vanjie knows that knows she's succeeded in making Brooke Lynn smile and that's the only thing that mattered.

"I love you so much," Vanjie pulls the ballerina closer, planting kiss on the tip of Brooke's nose.

"I love you more."