Prologue

As the school bell rang, Hayeol stretched her arms and fixed her things before standing up.

"Hayeol-ah!" She felt an arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"That test was quite hard." Heyeol pouted.

Minji nodded her head. "Let's just eat." She giggled.

As they went out of the classroom together, Hayeol bumped into someone. "Oh! Sorry." She looked up and rolled her eyes, realizing who's in front of her.

He's wearing a straight face before looking down at her. "Disappointed?" Haruto laughed for a bit. "Can you get me lunch? I'm lazy to go back."

Hayeol crossed her arms before looking straight at him. "I'm not your slave, Watanabe." She moved to the side so she can walk past him but he blocked her way. "Stop!"

"Hayeol."

They turned their heads to see who called Hayeol. "Gon."

Haruto fixed himself and looked away. "You're teasing her again, Haruto." Byounggon, Hayeol's brother faced him.

"What's new?" Seunghun laughed a bit.

"Uhh.. we're hungry, now. Let's head to the cafeteria." Hayeol pushed her brother away to avoid more time in conversing. She looked back at Haruto and stuck her tongue out. Jeongwoo just laughed at his annoyed face.

"You always end up being annoyed, Haruto." Jeongwoo teased. "Come up with another method."

———

Holding their plates, Minji gasped and hid behind Hayeol. "Why why?"

"Mashiho, it's Mashiho! Is he eating with us?" Minji whispered.

Hayeol just laughed at her and sat beside her brother.

"What time will you guys go?" Byounggon asked.

"Around 6pm!" Junkyu answered.

Hayeol's eyebrows went up. "Hmm? What's up?"

"We'll sleep over your house later." Mashiho clapped his hands.

"Really?" Hayeol's mouth formed an 'o'. She looked at Minji who's surprised. "Nice! Minji's also coming tonight." She giggled.

Minji's eyes widened at her. "What are you saying?"

"You should be thanking me." Hayeol just winked at her best friend.

"Will there be a lot of you?"

Byounggon shook his head. "Just a few of us."

Hayeol nodded.

A few minutes passed and they finally finished eating. Hayeol and Minji went back to their classroom together.

Hayeol looked at her best friend who's smiling widely. "Why the heck are you smiling?"

Minji just giggled and snaked her hand on Hayeol's arm. "I'll come at 6pm later, okay?" She giggled again.

Hayeol hit her. "Are you really going to sleep at my house because of Mashiho?" She pouted. "Okay then, I won't let you in my room."

"I'm kidding!"

They went in their classroom and saw Haruto sitting at Hayeol's seat, his feet over another chair, his face covered with his handkerchief.

"Hey, Woo." Hayeol looked at him. "I don't think you've been doing well at babysitting your friend lately."

Jeongwoo just shrugged and his eyes went back on his phone.

"He's been shrugging a lot, does he have worms inside his shoulders or something.." Minji whispered and pouted. "Haruto." She tapped Haruto's shoulder. "Haruto." She called again.

Hayeol gently pulled Minji's arm to get her out of the way and walked closer to Haruto. She hit his head.

Hard.

"AGH!" Haruto removed the handkerchief off his face and glared at Hayeol. "Why did you hit me?! Can't you see that I'm sleeping?!"

Hayeol rolled her eyes. "I don't allow ugly people sit on my seat."

"Yah! I'm not ugly and everybody knows that." He stood up. "I'm handsome." He fixed his hair.

Hayeol pushed him away. "Stop being full of yourself."

Haruto went back to his seat with a frown. "She doesn't let ugly people sit on her seat but she's ugly herself."

"I heard that!"

———

"Am I too early?" Minji looked around.

"No." Hayeol shook her head. "Byounggon said his friends will come soon, too." She smiled.

They went to the living room and watched some tv while waiting for the boys.

Soon, Byounggon went down from his room.

"I guess they're here."

Byounggon opened the door and welcomed his friends and the girls followed.

Hayeol's eyebrows furrowed. "Why are you here?!"

Haruto raised his eyebrows. "I'm.. sleeping here?"

"No, no. You're not welcome here." Hayeol pushed Haruto out of the house.

"Can you stop?" Haruto almost fell because Hayeol pushed him out. She finally gave up, blowing up her bangs.

Byounggon laughed. "I invited him too, Hayeol."

"Seriously?"

Byounggon just shrugged while they went to his room.

"I think you're forgetting I'm in your brother's circle." Haruto gave her an annoying smile before following the boys.

Hayeol went back inside and dragged Minji back to the living room.

"Girls? Can you please bring these to Byounggon's room? Then come back and get yours." Hayeol's mom is holding a tray with a pitch of water and some glasses.

Hayeol just sighed and got the tray. Minji took the pitch so it's less heavier for Hayeol.

They knocked before opening the door.

Hayeol and Haruto met eyes. "What?"

"What?!"

"Hey!"

"HEY!"

Hayeol put down the tray and glared back at Haruto who's standing up. "What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going to the restroom, get out of my way, for fucks sake!"

"Excuse you!"

"Okay, stop it. You guys are already louder than the game." Byounggon went to get himself a glass of water. "Thank you, sis." He patted Hayeol's back.

"Let's go." Hayeol pulled Minji who's greeted by Mashiho.

She closed the door shut.

"Woa, they really hate each other." Yoshinori pointed out.

"I know and I'm tired of it."Byounggon sat down.

"But they look good together." Jeongwoo said.

"Let's do a bet!" Junkyu raised his hand. "Who's gonna be the first one to fall in love?" He smiled like a koala.

"That's fun, hyung." Jeongwoo said while nodding.

"I bet it will be Haruto."
"It will be Hayeol, I can feel it."

"No, no." Byounggon shook his head. "They hate each other so much, how can that be possible?"

"It always starts with hate." Yedam shrugged.

Byounggon squinted his eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Hyung, what I mean is they look good together. Bet they'll like each other soon."

A minute went by and Haruto finally went back with all eyes on him.

"... what?"