28

Three knocks on Hayeol's door woke her up.

"Hayeolie~." Her mom walks in with a tray of food. "Eat up, my baby."

She got up and cleared her throat. "Gomawo, eomma."

Her eyes are red. When Haruto got her home the day before, he made sure that she's all calm and wasn't crying before bringing her home.

Haruto stayed with her in her room for a while that time. He just watched her lie in her bed with the sheets covering her. "Cry it out, Yeol. Just don't let them hear you." She remembered Haruto tell her.

Hayeol had a lot of thoughts going on her head until 4 in the morning.

"Haruto told me he'll come here later again, to check up on you." The mother smiled.

Hayeol looked at her mom. "Did.. did he tell you? Did they get mad?" Hayeol asked, talking about her father and brother.

Her mom caressed her hair. "Don't worry, they don't know yet. But they have to know soon, arasso?"

Hayeol just nodded. "I'll come back here later." Mrs. Lee walked out of her daughters room and closed the door.

———

4pm, TV's on, Hayeol's staring at it but she doesn't get what's happening through the screen. She heard knocks on her door, wondering who it is.

He peeked before entering, thinking she was asleep. "Can I come in?"

Hayeol just nodded, giving him the fakest smile ever.

Haruto made himself comfortable on the couch near Hayeol's bed. He just sat there in silent. Only the noise from the television can be heard in the room.

Hayeol suddenly turned it off. She slowly looked at Haruto. "You knew about it, didn't you?"

Haruto waited for her next words. "You also lied to me. You knew it was Doyoung! You knew it was him for so long that's why you hated on him!" Hayeol started crying.

Haruto stood up and went to her bed. He sat beside Hayeol and she tried pushing her while she cry. "Why didn't you tell me? You let me get hurt, dumbass!"

She started punching him. Haruto caught her hands and just pulled her to a hug. "Let go of me!"

"I won't" he stated. "Can you just listen to me, for a while?"

Hayeol stopped on punching him but continued on crying.

Haruto pulled her back. He holds both Hayeol's shoulders as he looked in to her eyes.

He remembered that day.

[flashback]

Haruto made his way to the bus stop. He saw a familiar girl walking from afar. It's Myunghee.

He than looked at her left. He raised his eye brow in confusion. "Is that Hayeol's best friend?"

Myunghee faced the guy and started fixing his hair. The guy laughed. Myunghee then tiptoed to kiss his nose. Haruto's hurt seeing them together. But no, he can't be. They broke up a year ago. He moved on.

He watched them until the guy left. He started playing some music on his phone and wore his earphones. He felt someone walk on his back. "Don't you dare look back" he thought.

She sat on the bench.

He smirked as he felt her eyes on him. He took off the earphone on his left ear. "I might melt."

"M-mwo?" Hayeol looked away.

[end of flashback]

"Yes, I knew. I was supposed to tell you but you were so happy with him and I didn't want to ruin it." He explained. "I'm just stupid. I should have told you before he confessed to you." I should have got you sooner than him "You shouldn't have been hurt-."

Hayeol hurriedly hugged him. She cried and cried. "I-I'm sorry." He said.

Haruto felt her arms wrap around his waist. Hayeol's hugging him tight. She doesn't know why but she can't get mad at him.

Haruto then hugged her back. He placed his hand over her head and started caressing it.

"He played with me, h-how can he do t-that?" She cried. "He n-never became truthful."

"Everything's going to be fine, you'll be okay."

"Just cry it out." He continued to caress her hair.

Hayeol then pulled back. She looked at Haruto while she sobs.

Haruto slightly laughed. He wipes the tears from Hayeol's face though it kept on flowing on her cheeks. "I'm here." He smiled. He held her face as he stared straight in her eyes.

Hayeol closed her eyes as Haruto leaned to kiss her forehead. This somehow, made her feel quite better. "You need that." He smiled.

Her eyes are still closed as she nodded.

"What do you want? I'll buy you anything to make you feel better." Haruto fixed Hayeol's hair.

"A-Anything."  She sniffed.

Haruto chuckled. Before he left her, he hands Hayeol her phone. "Don't open any of your social media. I changed your number. You can only talk to me and Minji, you get me?"