10

"Baby, are you okay?" Aki slowly looked around before nodding.

She tried sitting up but she was too weak. Tears slowly escaped her eyes as she looked at her mother. "It's okay, Aki. You'll get better soon. Arasso?" The mother kissed her forehead before giving her an assuring smile.

She looked at her right and saw his brother. "Oppa."

His head is down low. He waited until his mom left the room. He gulped before looking at his sister. "What happened to me? Why am I here? My body hurts so bad!"

Haruto held his sister's face, she's in panic. He calmed her down, wiped her tears away. "It was my fault. I didn't keep my eye on you. You'll get better, trust me. It would take some time, I know. But wait, oka-."

The door swung open.

"HARUTO." An angry voice filled the room. Haruto felt a heavy hand slap on his face as he turned around.

"Papa!" Aki tried to yell.

Mrs. Watanabe tried calming his husband down.

Haruto kept his head down low. "Hontoni gomenasai."
(I'm really sorry)
"It was my fault."

"GOOD THAT YOU KNOW! If you just kept your eyes on her, she wouldn't be on that bed right now!"

Haruto bit his lower lip. "You sure you would yell at me and hurt me first before checking up on her?"

———

"Haruto." Mrs. Watanabe sat beside his son. "I know you understand your dad. Why he's mad and why he hit you."

Haruto just nodded as he was looking down. "I deserved it anyways. I'm just worried for Aki." He bit his lip.

His mother gave him a hug. She smiled when she looked at him. "I'll cook meat-sauce spaghetti for you when I get home." It made Haruto smile. "Okay, now. Me and your dad should go. We should get us clothes too." She shuffled her son's hair and he just nodded.

Aki's door suddenly went open. Haruto saw his dad's serious expression. "We should go now." His mom stood up and walked away with his dad.

"He didn't even say anything." Haruto gulped.

He knocked on Aki's door before entering. He suddenly put on his smile. "You need anything?"

Aki smiled. She's now calm and relaxed. "Nothing, actually. Good that you're not going to leave me here all alone."

Haruto shook his head. "No, why would I do that? You should have someone to keep eyes on you now that you still can't move your body much."

Aki slowly nodded. She suddenly remembers what happened before she got into that accident. "Ah! Oppa, how about Hayeol eonni?"

"She will come, soon. For you." He smiled.

Aki's giggled. "She's good, oppa. I really like her. Even if we just met a few times. She's kind, pretty and I know she's smart too."

"I want her as my sister." She continued. "Too bad I got a weird brother."

"Yah. Weird? I'm not weird."

Aki just laughed at her brother.

———

"Yeah, her." Hayeol looked at the mirror, fixing herself. "She got into a car accident, now I'm visiting her alone, cause Minji has plans with Mashiho oppa. You want to come?"