31

"Too bad you weren't there, Jeongwoo." Minji looked at Jeongwoo. "You didn't see how scary Byounggon oppa became and his punches were like this!" Minji punched the air, trying to copy Byounggon's moves.

Haruto stayed silent.

"Kim Minji." Hayeol warned.

Minji stopped and shrugged. "I mean, he should be a boxer. Hehe." She made Hayeol laugh a bit.

"Is that a fake laugh or a real one?" Jeongwoo asked. Hayeol raised both of her eye brows twice.

"You're okay, now?" Haruto's currently leaning at the lockers.

Hayeol looked at him and smiled. "I finally got to let it go. Right off their faces. I'm feeling so much better now."

"I just feel bad for Gon oppa. He got in to detention yesterday and he never talked to me since what happened." She looked down and released a sigh.

Haruto caressed Hayeol's hair. "You guys are cute as siblings in some ways."

"In some ways?"

"He's literally like your father. Are you sure him and your dad did not switch bodies?" Jeongwoo joked.

Hayeol laughed a bit. "I should have thought about that."

"Ah! Hayeol-ah, how about we go see Keopi after class?" Minji smiled.

Before Hayeol could even utter a word, Haruto already butted in. "Oh! What? H-hold on, no. Uhh... okay how about- uh, okay."

The three of them just looked at Haruto in confusion. One of Hayeol's eye brow arched up while looking at him. "Are you forgetting most Korean words you know? You're kinda worse than Junkyu oppa right now."

"Err.. I mean, are you sure? It's cold, I think you guys should go straight at home. Uhh... H-Hayeol's jacket isn't thick enough." Haruto explained. "Yeah."

"Ani. We'll go." Hayeol smiled. "It won't be that cold, okay? You worry too much. I miss Keopi too."

"When will you adopt her?" Jeongwoo asked. "She might get adopted before you do."

"Soon! I'm already getting ready for her, I also asked my parents about it and they're excited. It would be sad without seeing her, in case she's adopted already. I like her the most." Hayeol pouted.

Haruto released a sigh as the teacher finally arrived in their classroom.

———

"You're going there right away?" Haruto asked.

Hayeol nodded. "Yup, we'll be quick. I still have to do my research."

"Aren't you coming with us?" She asked.

Haruto bit his lip as he shook his head. "I'll go straight home." He smiled. He reached for Hayeol's jacket and zipped it up. "Keep yourself warm, arasso?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Haruto chuckled. "I'll go now."

As he walked out of the classroom, Minji slowly walked towards Hayeol. "When will he tease you again?"

"Huh?"

"I thought you love it when he teases you." She scrunched her nose. "You're so weird."

"I did not notice his change." Hayeol shrugged.

Minji just laughed it off. Of course, she's not dumb to not think of Haruto liking Hayeol. With the way he act and treat her, it's pretty obvious. He already acts like her boyfriend. "Gaja."

She snaked her hand around Hayeol's arm and started walking out of the campus with her. They made their way to the pet shop.

As they entered the shop, workers greeted them.

"Annyeonghaseyo eonni." Hayeol greeted the worker who's close to her.

"Oh, Hayeol-ah, Minji-ya annyeong~" She greeted back. "Here for Keopi?"

Minji and Hayeol both nodded.

"Ah, eonni. You know I'm planning on adopting her, right? I'll get her soon." Hayeol giggled.

"Oh... umm, about that." The older one bit her lip. "Actually, Keopi just got adopted yesterday."

Hayeol's eyes widened. "Mwo? You gotta be kidding me, eonni." She laughed. "Where's she? I want to see her." She peeked a little at the puppies.

"Like I said, Hayeol-ah, she just got adopted yesterday." She repeated.

Minji just pouted and looked at Hayeol. "It's okay, Yeolie~ You can choose for another one over there." She smiled.

"Anirago. I want Keopi, you know that." Hayeol gulped. She looked at the worker in front of her. "Do you think the person who got her is trustworthy? Someone who'll walk her around every morning, play with her as much as possible?" She pouted.

The worker smiled at her. "I think so. It's a guy." She stated. "Aside from you and Minji, he's also one of the people who likes Keopi the most and so as Keopi."

Hayeol suddenly felt jealous. She released a sigh. "That's good, eonni. Err, we'll just go home. We'll come back soon~" Hayeol smiled.

"Annyeong, eonni~" Minji waved as they walk out of the shop.

"Jalga!" The worker waved back. As soon as they were out of the shop, she shook her head, smiling. "Lucky Hayeol."

———

"Finally!" Hayeol closed her laptop and stretched her arms. "I'm so tired." She yawned. She looked at the clock and it's past her bedtime.

She then laid on her bed and checked on her phone. Her notifications are full of Haruto's unread messages, asking if Hayeol's done or not. She then replied saying she's done.

After a minute, her phone began to ring.

"What?"

"You're finally done." Haruto's chuckle can be heard through the line. "I got done with my research three hours ago."

Hayeol rolled her eyes. "Don't brag about it."

Haruto laughed. "Arasso. Hayeol-ah~"

"Mwo"

"I'm tired and sleepy. Hehe."

"I am, too. Why did you even call?"

"I don't know either."

Hayeol laughed and closed her eyes. "You're so dumb."

"Hayeol-ah."

"Hmm?"

"If someone likes you romantically, at this moment, what would you do?" Hayeol got confused with his question, eyes still closed.

"I-I'm just curious." He continued in his husky, tired voice.

"Umm... I don't know either. But I will be thankful, for sure." She giggled. "Will someone like me, for real though? I literally just got fooled by someone, so it's hard for me to trust."

She released a sigh. "I just got a heartbreak. But, I will be very thankful, and appreciate it if he'd cheer me up."

"You know... get me fully out of this mess."

"Hmm.. Like I do?"

"Y-yeah. Like you do."

"You should sleep, now. Good night, Yeol. Sleep tight."