epilogue

Hayeol checked herself in the mirror for the last time. She released a sigh. "Gwaenchanha, Hayeol-ah. You look good." She gave herself a thin smile before grabbing her school bag and leaving her room. "Bye, mom!" She yelled before walking towards the living room door to wear her shoes.

Her eye brows furrowed when she saw a familiar pair of shoes.

"Will you get it?" Haruto asked.

She pouted and sighed. "I'll get this next time."

"Why not now?"

"I have a lot of shoes at home."

She smiled as she remembered how Haruto pouted when she said no. She wore the pair of shoes and admired them before standing up.

"Lee Hayeol, we're going to be late!" She heard Byounggon yell from outside.

"Ne, ne! I'm out!"

———

Haruto's POV

"Hyung, is this fine? I messed up with the lettering." Junhyuk pointed at the ink messed up on the paper. I just shuffled Junhyuk's hair and smiled. "Gwaenchanha. It still looks good. Go on."

"Woah, everybody missed Hayeol too." Minji looked around the class as she went up to me. All of them are working and are excited for what we've been preparing for. They were the ones who suggested to do this, and I liked the idea of it because Hayeol deserves it. I shrugged it off. "Who wouldn't miss that girl?"

Minji nodded, showing her agreement. "I'm so glad she's back and safe."

I smiled at her. "I am, too." I suddenly felt my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I turned it on and saw what I was expecting. I looked at everyone and got their attention. "Everyone! She's coming."

I laughed at how my class reacted. They sprinted to form a line in front of the door, holding up their banners for Hayeol. I suddenly felt bad for not doing anything for her today. I just helped them out. Well, I hope it's fine for her, I gave her a gift that she wanted.

I leaned at the lockers at the back of the classroom, waiting for her. Within a few seconds, I saw her walking, through the windows of the room. She peeked a little and furrowed her eye brows. As she entered the room,

"WELCOME BACK, LEE HAYEOL!"

Our class yelled.

Hayeol was surprised for what we had prepared for her. Seeing her this happy and that beautiful smile on her face makes me just stare at her and admire her. Jeez, I'm so lucky.

Minji went up to her and wrapped her arm around Hayeol's shoulder.

"Aww, gomawo!" Hayeol pouted. Her eyes started tearing up and I can tell she's trying to stop it. I chuckled and started walking close to her, both hands on my pockets.

"Welcome back." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Yah. Thank you for these." She looked at her feet and showed off her shoes. "I really loved it and you got it for me. Thank you." I chuckled and gave her a hug. "You deserve it, anyways." I then gave her a peck on her lips.