42

"Gomawo, Doyoung-ssi." Mr. Lee thanked. "We were all so worried for Hayeol yesterday, thank you for bringing her back home."

Doyoung gave him a thin smile. "No problem, Mr. Lee. Hayeol had became my best friend, and even if she never did, I'll still do the same."

"We know everything that had happened. It must be hurtful for you. I hope you're better, now." Mrs. Lee said. She looked back at her daughter sleeping on her hospital bed.

"Ne."

"Well then, we'll have to go for a while. We'll come back later today." The mother smiled.

Doyoung just respectfully nodded as Hayeol's parents kissed her forehead before going out of the room.

As the parents were gone, Doyoung looked at Byounggon who's seated beside his sister, looking straight at her.

"Hyung, mianhae." He bit his lower lip and looked down. "I was blind, hyung. I caused the pain in Hayeol's heart. Now, I'm causing this."

"You didn't do this." Byounggon looked at him. "You didn't cause Hayeol's pain in her heart before. Myunghee did. Myunghee's all at fault. You are indeed blind. And she made you hurt Hayeol."

"Mianhae, hyung."

"Stop it. I'm not Hayeol." Byounggon looked back at Hayeol. He started caressing her hair. "What's important now, is that she's home. She's safe and sound."

"Gomawo, hyung." Doyoung smiled.

Both Byounggon and Doyoung's attention were caught as Hayeol moved. She groaned before opening her eyes. "Mwoya? Why are you so loud, I'm sleeping!"

Byounggon chuckled. "Good that you're awake. You'll have to eat."

"Doyoung?"

"Annyeong, Hayeol-ah." He waved.

"You both are okay, now?"

The boys looked at each other before nodding.

Hayeol giggled. "I'm glad- ah-."

"Ya-ish. Don't move a lot. You're body isn't conditioned yet."

Hayeol looked at her body and bit her lower lip. It's sad seeing her own body full of bruises and wounds.

"I'll get going, now. Get well, Hayeol." Doyoung smiled.

"Hmm. Thank you. For coming and bringing me back here."

Doyoung just smiled as a response.

As he left the room, Hayeol looked at Byounggon.

"Oppa."

"Mwo?"

Hayeol suddenly pouted. "I missed you."

The older laughed. "I did too. Just eat, so you'll feel better. Mom and dad went home to feed Keopi and to get some stuff for you too."

Byounggon fed Hayeol and it's good that she loved the porridge he made himself. Hayeol smiled as she felt love. It's just a pity for Byounggon seeing his sister like this.

As she was eating, Hayeol slowly reached for the mirror placed on the top of the table beside her bed. Her eyes shook. She saw how her face was stitched up as well as her neck, with bruises.

"W-where's Haruto?" Hayeol asked as she looked back at her brother.

"Don't worry." Byounggon looked at her. "He's on his way." He smiled.

"Ani... don't let him see me."

Byounggon furrowed his eye brows. "Why not?"

Hayeol released a sigh. "You see what I look like right now. I look helpless. My face is messed up."

Byounggon released a sigh. "You know Haruto loves you not because of how you look. Don't feel embarrassed, you look as pretty as you already are."

"Ani..."

They then heard knocks from outside. The door slowly swung open revealing a tall figure.

Hayeol hurriedly faced the wall even if moving her body makes it ache.

"Hayeol-ah." Haruto quickly ran towards her to check up on her.

Hayeol used her hair to cover her face.

Byounggon then patted Haruto's back. "I'll go out for a while, you can feed her." He smiled.

Haruto just nodded and waited for Byounggon to leave. He sat beside Hayeol and was about to tuck her hair behind her ear. "Hayeol-ah, gwaenchanha-."

"Don't look at me." She shoved Haruto's hand away which shocked him.

He looked at her exposed arms as well as her neck. Her head's just down low as she face the other side of the room. "Yah.." Haruto slowly made Hayeol face him by slowly turning her head.

He gulped seeing his girlfriend looking so pitiful.

"You were hurt this bad..." He started caressing Hayeol's hair. "Mianhae. I wasn't able to protect you like I wanted to."

He then caressed her cheeks. "It hurts me seeing you like this. You'll be okay, arasso?"

Hayeol didn't move. "Baby..."

Hayeol didn't bother to even raise her chin to look at Haruto. "Don't pity me. Am I not ugly to you? Seriously."

"Look at me."

Hayeol finally met her boyfriend's eyes. Haruto smiled. "Neomu yeppeuda. (Very pretty)"

As she heard his words, a tear escaped her eye. "Don't lie."

"I'm not lying. Those stitches are nothing. Those bruises are nothing." He went closer to her and gave her a peck on her lips. "You're fine. You're strong, okay? Nothing can damage you. I know that. If anything will, I'm here so don't worry." He smiled before giving her another peck.

"Gomawo."

Haruto chuckled. "Aigoo, you should finish your porridge, Gon hyung might scold me if you don't."

"You're really thinking about not being scold and not for me to get better?" Hayeol raised an eye brow.

Haruto laughed. "I'm just kidding."

Hayeol finally smiled at him.

"I missed you so much. I was so worried, do you know that?"

Hayeol rolled her eyes. "Tch. Of course I do. You can't live a day without me."

"Aish. Stop being full of yourself."

"Aish. I learned it from my vain boyfriend!"

The both of them just laughed it all out.

Byounggon just smiled from outside of the room, hearing their conversation. He never thought their relationship will go this far. "I suddenly felt lonely." He chuckled.