1. Signal

Alphys shook as she saw Undyne melt. Her determination was almost enough, but the "human" had been victorious.

Sans had seen enough. The rest of the survivors were huddled together in the True Lab. Mettaton would be dust soon. Sans started to leave to take a "shortcut" to the final hallway.

-deet-deet-

Sans stopped. One of the machines in the lab, one of G's, was giving an alert.

"S-sans? What's that machine doing?" Alphys, like Sans, remembered Gaster.

Sans was silent, his eye lights had vanished. This was new for the timeline. With the faintest bit of fear in his voice, he explained the signal.

"Remember what G was trying to do, Al?"

She did. Gaster had been trying to access the multiverse to transport the monsters to a universe where the human-monster war had never happened, and they were free.

"That machine was supposed to tell us if anything was trying to enter our universe." He said walking to the machine.

"How long do we have until it arrives?" Alphys was slightly scared of the concept of a multiverse.

Sans looked at the screen. "30 seconds, tops." he looked around at the ten or so frightened monsters in the lab. there had been more, but the shock and terror had made some monsters turn on each other. Not like that was new, there were always those few who attacked each other out of stress. Frisk could wait, this was new.