6. Snowdin Town

SS!Chara's POV

Asgore and I had been talking for a while.

"Chara? Where are you staying? You could live here if you want."

It broke my heart but I just felt like I couldn't. "Thanks, but where I'm from I'm used to living in Snowdin Town. I can stay at the inn or something."

"Absolutely not! I'll ask Sans, he lives in Snowdin and I'm sure he'd be fine letting you stay at his place." Asgore declared.

Alright, well I guess that works. I bid goodbye to Asgore and took a shortcut back to Snowdin Town.

Sans' POV

"Heya, kiddo. Still LV one?"

"The fight button is still broken. I have no choice but to do a pacifist run, thanks to your new friend. Honestly, it feels kinda nice." They explained. "speaking of which, where are they?"

"Eh, snowwhere important. I said casually.  A silence passed before they caught the pun and chuckled. "They're talking to Asgore. Their soul can't pass or break the barrier, so there's no point to turning them in."

Since the kid knew the solutions to our puzzles by heart, we made it to Snowdin Town in no time.

SS!Chara's POV

Where were those two skeletons? I guess they must be with the human. I wasn't worried, I knew the FIGHT button would still be broken. With nothing better to do, I looked around the town. I was surprised to learn Grillby was still in business here. Guess that was one person who was the same. I went in and sat down where I usually would.

"That's Sans' seat, you know." He remarked. Did he not care that I was a human? Why? Maybe it's been longer since the last human here than in my world?

"I'm waiting for Sans. Know where he is?"

Of course. He's on patrol.

I asked Grillby if he had any Chocolate. He raised a fiery eyebrow, but went into the back, before returning with some chocolate syrup for desserts. I started gulping it down. Grillby decided to just accept it.

After finishing off the bottle, I laid some gold I had in my pocket on the counter. "That enough?" Grillby looked at it dubiously before shaking his head. "Eh, well, put the rest on my tab." Grillbys flames blew back as he sighed. Guess sans puts everything on his tab as well. Sorry Grillby.

I stepped out of Grillby's.

Papyrus nearly knocked me over running to the end of town. Sans and the human walked up close behind.