5. Reunion

SS!Chara's POV

I took a shortcut to the throne room. Dad was standing there, his back to me. He was dressed like Sans in my world. I audibly cleared my throat.

He spun around, holding a watering can like a weapon. His face hardened as he saw what I was. He likely would have attacked, if he hadn't suddenly recognized my face.

The watering can dropped to the floor, muffled by the flowers.

"C-Chara? Is- Is that you? How are you here?"

"I'm not from this universe. I'm a Chara from another Universe. As far as I can tell, in this universe, a lot of people's roles in life are... 'shifted' My universe is destroyed, so I came here. I... I know I'm not the Chara you loved and raised, but-"

I couldn't finish as I was suddenly in a bear hug. (Or is it a goat hug?)

"Whatever the universe, you are still my daughter, and I will always love you."

Tears started to stream down my face.

Sans' POV

After Chara left I remembered I normally talk to Toriel about now. I had some big news for her, didn't I?

>time skip because nothing interesting happened and I suck at writing<

How would I do this? An idea came to me that could work.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Ahab."

giggle- "Ahab who?"

"Ahab to tell you something."

She started laughing, but it slowed down to a fake laugh. "What is it?"

Here goes nothing. "I know you're Queen Toriel."

The laughter stopped. "Then why haven't you told Asgore where I am?" Her voice was harsh now, a reminder she was the queen of Monsters.

"Figured there was no point. If you want to distance yourself from asgore that's your choice. But there's something important you need to know."

"Oh?"

I sighed. "Do you know about the theory of alternate universes?"

She paused. "I-I know I do, but I can't remember where I know it from."

"Not surprising. Well, someone from another universe came here a while ago. A version of someone you know."

"... Who?"

"Chara Dreemur."

I could hear frantic breathing on the other side.

"Are you going to meet her?"

A sigh. "There's another human here. They want to go home. It would be nice to see my child again, but I don't think if I could handle it. Besides, someone needs to look after this human."

"Unless... you're someone I can trust, right? If I had them leave the ruins, could you watch over the human?"

I knew this was coming and agreed. I heard her leave. A few minutes later the door opened. The kid.